Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
Author
Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:20 am
Hello everyone, hope you all are doing great! I have this question in mind so thought to post it here. I am soon going to London by plane and I'll be carrying Remington 700 with me. What process will I have be going through? Any suggestions and advice will be appreciated.

Get firearms safety training online from an NRA certified school.
MA Gun License
Post subject: Re: Flying with a rifle?
Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:26 am
Jacky:

Same general rules, etc., as a handgun, except that the 700 (unless you've got a "break down" version) is carried in a large locked case that is generally treated as it's own piece of luggage.

If the rifle can be broken down into a package that'll mimic a pistol case, and fit inside a standard piece of luggage, you likely can treat it like a pistol.

Ouch.... I just saw "London". Bringing a rifle into the UK may be impossible.... You'll want to hit somebody's web site (maybe "Scotland Yard"?) too.

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:50 pm
Jacky, are you just passing through London enroute to say Africa on a hunting trip? I know that's doable if not simple.

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:58 pm
Like the others have said since Britain is very strict on gun laws i would call the Police in London and an attorney to get a clear answer on brining a firearm into the UK, even if you are just passing though to another country.

I would also do a google search on the proper way to transport firearms into the UK.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Transpo ... 8&oe=utf-8
Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:21 pm
If you are not passing through London en route to another country where firearms are more freely permitted, your firearm is subject to confiscation and you'll likely be arrested. Flying with a firearm in checked baggage is not so much a problem when it comes to domestic flights. Go to the airport with your shotgun unloaded and in a locked hard-sided case to which only you have a key (think, pad lock). Depending on the airline, your ammunition may or may not have to be in a separate hard-sided, locked case. Go to the airline counter to check in and tell them that you have an unloaded firearm to declare.

I know that hunting is still popular in England and in other parts of Europe, so it is probably a possibility to take your shotgun to Britain. I haven't taken long guns to Europe, although I have a couple of handguns at our vacation home in France. This was a long process, but it is possible if you are persistent and follow their procedures to the letter.

NRA Life Member
2nd Amendment Foundation Member
GOAL Member
Range Safety Officer
NRA Pistol,Home Firearm Safety,Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home Instructor, Certified UT, MD, MA Handgun & LEOSA Instructor
 Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]