Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
Author
Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:53 pm
I recently start looking at SBR's & found a few that I'm interested in. And it got me wondering what's Ohio stance are on them. More specifically I'm looking on factory SBR's through my dealer. I know about the tax stamp but more then that I'm at a loss. Any help I can get with this matter would be appreciated.
Post subject: Re: Short Barrel Rifle
Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:07 am
Check out this link. It will give you a basic idea of everything involved with buying an SBR. Which you definitely can own in Ohio...

http://suppressor-arms.com/Owning_NFA_Items.html
Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:37 am
Mr_straw-hat:

Welcome Aboard!

I think Hatrix has answered your question - nothing to add from here.... You can try our "search" option and see what turns up, too.

Meantime, there's a sticky at http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10097 that you should take a look at. It's not mandatory, and may be sleep inducing, but the first couple pages might be worth a read. It kind of peters out after that....

You might also want to list a couple of your top choices. Lots of opinions here :D....

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:23 am
41F took effect in July.

There is no longer a need for CLEO sign off. You just notify them later.
You will need two sets of fingerprints and photos. This is for individual or trust.

I currently have 12 tax stamps (four SBRs and 8 suppressors) and waiting on two more suppressor tax stamps. All this was done on a trust, not as an individual or an LLC. I want to pass these on to my kids when I go and they are in the trust.

Since you are going to get a complete SBR from a store, you will be filling out a Form 4. I have not done that route, all my SBR's were form 1s which I made from existing lowers I had.
Your store should be able to walk you through the process.

The only problem with that route is that until you get the approved form (tax stamp), the SBR sits at your dealer. Unless they have a range there and allow visits, you'll pay for it and it sits for months.

Just an FYI, once you start, you can't stop :)

Sorry for my first post which is a bit disjointed. It's been a long day and I have a long weekend ahead. I need to go to sleep.
Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:22 am
chowser51:

Sleep is something I only dream about :D....

Welcome Aboard!

Enjoy the SBR's. We have a few members here who enjoy them.

Please have a look at my post just above yours, and the sticky referenced. Nothing mandatory, though.

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:35 pm
It's great to see you here, chowser51! :)

-Allen
Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:37 am
Thanks! I just stopped a new WRX. Gave the guy a warning and he let me sit in it. We talked Subaru for a bit until my boss drove by and asked what was taking so long.

I've been using Buckeye Firearms as a resource for so long I finally decided to join. I'm trying to educate my coworkers on open carry and ccw. We're constantly getting wanna be lawyers trying to get us to do something to them so they can get on the news and sue. It's just bad on both sides. We need to work together.

The more people know about the correct meaning of open carry, concealed carry, sbrs, sbs, suppressors, the better.
I'm not a big proponent of open carry because I don't like people knowing what I have. I was so happy when Ohio passed concealed carry I pushed all my friends and family to get permits.

These days when I stop someone with a permit and they aren't carrying I always ask them why? If you're going places that don't prohibit it, better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

My brother and exwife have permits but work in the Federal building so they don't carry when going to work but any other time they carry. I just bought new S&W Shields for my exwife and my mother that should work better for them (purse carry) and will get them transitioned over soon (I really just want my Glock 19s back from both of them, my mom has my gen2 and my exwife has my gen4)
 Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]