Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author
Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:19 am
I haven't been here 10 days yet and haven't seen 10 new posts.

I donated $25.00.....should have given it to santa claus
Post subject: Re: Can I get a refund?
Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:13 am
The main site of BFA is pretty active and updated often. You're right though these forums are pretty much neglected by the organization's top brass.

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:09 pm
Brian D. wrote:
The main site of BFA is pretty active and updated often. You're right though these forums are pretty much neglected by the organization's top brass.

And us lowly members! Your donation are going to support the BFA overall not the Forum.
Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:08 am
sparky:

I don't think I've ever seen anybody ask for a refund.... OTOH, I'm sure something can be arranged if you're really serious.

Brian's correct - the "brass" have been busy with a couple of things in Columbus. It looks like we only got a small portion of what was asked for, but at least it's something :( ....

Meantime, this time of year seems to be kind of quiet - everybody's busy buying gifts or at least digging the car out of snowbanks. There are "brass" who are on the board nearly never. They just do it all behind the scenes. Here, if you ask a question, though, somebody's likely to respond eventually. Remember that practically nobody is paid to be here (or working in the background), and time for being here is more or less entirely voluntary. So, sometimes an answer takes a while.

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:49 pm
It's a quiet time of the year, but BFA had election candidates recommendations ready, and has actively worked in other areas. :) Not as many posts as other forums, but still more active politically, IMO.
Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:14 pm
I think BFA does a great job! I think its money well spent

”No law ever prevented a crime.”
Post Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:52 pm
I used to come on here twice a day or more and there were dozens of new posts to go through. Lately it's trickled down to maybe checking once every week or two or three... still not much to look at after even three weeks.

The $25 membership has nothing to do with the forum. Buckeye Firearms is very active, forum not so much the last year or so.

Joel
NRA Certified Instructor,Member and Recruiter
Centerburg Conservation Club Trustee
CCC Range committee and Lake committee
Second Call Defense Recruiter

If you like guns, click here! https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/sign ... ID=nranews
Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:37 pm
I know this is a firearm site,,,but can we have other topics,,other hobbies,,just other "things" to talk about?
Years ago..after my divorce,,I spent weekends driving around Ohio taking pics of Ohio's covered bridges and the old canal locks..would like to find out if any members here live close to any of the bridges or locks.
just a tought
Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:25 pm
You can post whatever you want.

Joel
NRA Certified Instructor,Member and Recruiter
Centerburg Conservation Club Trustee
CCC Range committee and Lake committee
Second Call Defense Recruiter

If you like guns, click here! https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/sign ... ID=nranews
Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:24 am
sparky:

Dunno if there are any canals or locks here in Youngstown that are still visible, if there ever were. However, the former day job had a plant in Dover OH, and if you drive down I-77 from Canton, you used to be able to see a lot of old canals. No idea if they're still visible - "progress" may have did 'em in since the last time I was down that way.

And, Joel is correct - we have "non-firearms" sections on the board that you're welcome to use. Not everybody looks at them, though, so don't expect instant feedback.

If you pick the wrong section, don't worry. Somebody will just move it. If they remember how :D....

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:51 am
Thanks...been to Dover..taken pics...can't remember what all was there..it's been a while.

when I started..there were something like 155 CBs now theres more like 165.

I know Union County rebuilt one and moved it onto an old RR bed and built a new 2 lane CB to replace it..and another new 2 lane CB not far from that one...think they now have 5.

The last new one in Ohio was in Ashtabula County..Pretty awesome
Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:26 pm
There are locks visible on the Ohio canal, some of which are functional and others which are not. If you walk along the towpath trail along the Ohio canal there is a lock a visible in downtown Akron. If you travel further south in Summit County and walk from Center Road in new Franklin down to Clinton just about a half a mile north of Clinton on the towpath are some ruins or remains of locks. If you travel further north on the towpath trail there are locks visible in Peninsula or Bath. I believe there are still locks further north on the towpath when you enter Cuyahoga County, however I haven't ventured that far. Regarding covered bridges, there is one covered bridge in Peninsula on Everett Road and there are number of covered bridges in Geauga County as well.

NRA Life Member
2nd Amendment Foundation Member
GOAL Member
Range Safety Officer
NRA Pistol,Home Firearm Safety,Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home Instructor, Certified UT, MD, MA Handgun & LEOSA Instructor
Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:44 pm
Thanks Uncle Duke...not sure I've seen any of the locks you have described..there's alot of canal history around Akron. There was a lock very close to a rubber manufacturing plant and during the 1913 flood..the lock gate blocking the flooding canal water was blown up..releasing the water before flooding the basement were the boilers were so the factory wouldn't blow up!!!
Somewhere I remember seeing a map with street names where the locks were located.
Thanks John
Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:13 am
Brian D. wrote:

A few years ago it was a hopping place in comparison.

:-)

Bill

American held hostage by ZERO the lying dictator.......for an indefinite period of time going forward..........

Ohio, a government of the unions, by the unions, for the unions
Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:27 am
WILLBIRD IS ALIVE! :mrgreen:

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
 Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next