Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 
Author
Post Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:25 am
I am trying to figure out why the forum has become stale...not just stale, but with mold. This forum used to thrive with new posts. No story on recent Kasich stories of government gun grab? Yes that's right. Allow police the ability to seize and it will happen. Already, police ask several times to those they see as suspicious (e.g. a law abiding citizen filming from public property), "is something wrong with you?", "are you okay?"...just in hopes to justify an involuntary seizure to transport to mental facility (yes, happens every day...lisyen to scanner). Are we going to let THEM decide, without due process, to seize our weapons??
So this post has two questions....the staleness of this forum and revent push for seizure by Kasuck.
Post subject: Re: Slow death of forum
Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:34 pm
OhioLoaded, to answer both of your questions...

1) There is an effort underway to revamp/rejuvenate the forums. I am spearheading it!

2) HB585 is pretty much DOA. I am not going to get into much detail, but suffice it to say I have it on good authority. I can also point you to the committee it has landed in. Do a little research on the bills that pass out of that committee.

Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10
Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:13 am
How's that revamp going? My posts almost never come through.

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:34 am
Brian D. wrote:
How's that revamp going? My posts almost never come through.

Key word here is " an effort ".
Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:31 pm
One of the key people working on the project was off for the birth of his first child. He is back and working diligently to complete the project. Dean and I are in the process of approving page layouts, logo art and color schemes right now!

Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10
Site Admin
Post Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:06 pm
Aaron wrote:
One of the key people working on the project was off for the birth of his first child. He is back and working diligently to complete the project. Dean and I are in the process of approving page layouts, logo art and color schemes right now!

All the new bells and whistles will not get forum participation.
This forum is basically dead.
On occasion I glance at OFCC and it looks like their participation is very low.
And, even the national forum Opencarry.org participation is also very low.

Facebook is a joke as far as seriously discussing any gun rights issues.

And I sure don't see any outreach by any of these organizations. They are not doing a good job reaching out to the young. It seems it's individuals that are pushing public activism for gun rights. The rank and file has seen the leadership of BFA and OFCC ignore their voices and wisdom, so why bother with their forums.
Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:42 am
color of law wrote:

And I sure don't see any outreach by any of these organizations. They are not doing a good job reaching out to the young. It seems it's individuals that are pushing public activism for gun rights. The rank and file has seen the leadership of BFA and OFCC ignore their voices and wisdom, so why bother with their forums.

Well, as opposed to throwing in the towel...I am going to try :|

As for the "rank and file" maybe not all of them share your opinion/observation... time will tell.

Meanwhile, even tho I may not always agree with everything we (BFA) or they (OFCC) do, I will continue to try and make things better for everyone in our great state. I will not give up, become pessimistic, or spread discouragement with my commentary or keyboard. I will simply take it day by day and celebrate the victories (however small) as they come and ignore the set backs. No sense in dwelling on them, it solves nothing.

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10
Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:57 pm
Aaron wrote:
color of law wrote:

Well, as opposed to throwing in the towel...I am going to try :|

As for the "rank and file" maybe not all of them share your opinion/observation... time will tell.

Meanwhile, even tho I may not always agree with everything we (BFA) or they (OFCC) do, I will continue to try and make things better for everyone in our great state. I will not give up, become pessimistic, or spread discouragement with my commentary or keyboard. I will simply take it day by day and celebrate the victories (however small) as they come and ignore the set backs. No sense in dwelling on them, it solves nothing.

You proved my point. Almost 5 full days to get a response to my posting. And, almost 5 full days for even you to post something (election info) on this forum. 5 days of nothing, dead air. As I said, you proved my point.
Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:31 pm
Glad I was able to help... ;-)

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10
Site Admin
Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:15 am
Let's see, can I post on here today?

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:15 am
Going for broke, two in the same day...

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
 Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]