Forum rules

Moderator Aaron: The U.S. Sportsman's Alliance has given BFA (and me personally) permission to reproduce any of their articles here in the Great Outdoors forum or on our home page, in their entirety, as long as the original source is given credit.
 Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
Author
Post subject: Excerpt from Wildlife Council approved changes for '17-'18
Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:00 am
We are finally there! We set out a mere 10 1/2 yrs ago or so on a mission to make our firearms regulations regarding deer hunting a little more logical in my mind. If I can use that cartridge in a handgun, why can't I use it in a long gun? It took 8 yrs to have a handful of cartridges approved for the trial period, and finally we have this:

"In other rule changes, any straight-walled cartridge rifle with a minimum caliber of .357 to a maximum caliber of .50 is now allowed for hunting deer in Ohio. There have been three seasons of hunting deer with straight-walled cartridge rifles in Ohio with no biological impacts to the herd or additional hunter incidents. Defining the allowable rifles makes the rule easily understood and easily enforced, while also being inclusive of a great number of rifle options."

Thanks to Dan Allen and Larry Moore for putting in all those hrs it took to make this a reality! There were others along the way who pitched in, and to all of them I say THANK YOU as well...

:egrin:

Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10
Site Admin
Post subject: Re: Excerpt from Wildlife Council approved changes for '17-'
Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:56 pm
Awesome. Good work, guys!

Joel
NRA Certified Instructor,Member and Recruiter
Centerburg Conservation Club Trustee
CCC Range committee and Lake committee
Second Call Defense Recruiter

If you like guns, click here! https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/sign ... ID=nranews
 Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]