Forum rules

Moderator Aaron: The U.S. Sportsman's Alliance has given BFA (and me personally) permission to reproduce any of their articles here in the Great Outdoors forum or on our home page, in their entirety, as long as the original source is given credit.
 Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author
Post subject: Re: Hunting with suppressors...
Post Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:01 pm
You can find Tuesdays testimony here:

http://www.ohiohouse.gov/committee/agri ... -resources

Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10
Site Admin
Post Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:19 pm
How many hearings do they typically have for pending legislation? Just trying to gauge if this is going to be a multi-year process or something less.

Thanks for the link!
Post Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:18 pm
In Ohio each must have at least 3 committee hearings. Most likely these will all run into the 2nd year of Ohio's biennial general assembly.

This page has a link to a great resource on how politics work here in Ohio
http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/Guideboo ... egislators

JLE

Region Leader
Post Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:29 pm
someone pleas correct me if i am wrong
if i am not mistaken to even legally own a suppressor one has to own a "Class 3 permit"??

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress:FrederickDouglass

learning is good .understanding is better .pleas teach with wisdom
Post Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:33 pm
calemus wrote:
someone pleas correct me if i am wrong
if i am not mistaken to even legally own a suppressor one has to own a "Class 3 permit"??

Pretty much. A suppressor is a NFA firearm so you must pay the federal government an extra $200 tax.

JLE

Region Leader
Post Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:49 pm
Do you pay the $200 tax per gun or just pay the $200 and then you can buy more than one?
Post Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:12 pm
this looks like a good bunch of folks to ask
im pretty sure they will answer all questions you can imagine, and do a good job of it
they need customers, and pleasant experiences, with open education gives just that

http://www.silencershop.com/support/how ... a-silencer

seeing as how current historical of our present gov. makes me expect them to strip citizens of their guns
im am seriously unlikely to willfully do anything to get onto their federal registration of the first people to visit

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress:FrederickDouglass

learning is good .understanding is better .pleas teach with wisdom
Post Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:18 am
It is $200 for each NFA firearm. So each time a suppressor changes owners, there is another $200 tax.

JLE

Region Leader
Post Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:30 pm
JEaton wrote:
It is $200 for each NFA firearm. So each time a suppressor changes owners, there is another $200 tax.

This is why it is better to establish a Trust for ownership of the NFA item being it a suppressor, short barreled rifle, machine gun, short barreled shotgun, etc. You can add people to the Trust without changing ownership and avoid the $200 NFA Tax. The $200 fee may seem steep, but in a few years you will be paying that just to fill up your car. :xconf:

While I have not set one up YET, an attorney I know recommended Barney-Debrosse, LLC http://www.debrosselaw.com/. He's not just an attorney, he served in the military and is a certified armorer. There are a few others around, but this is just one I know of off the top of my head.
Post Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:51 am
Calemus...if you haven't gotten this information already, the NFA registration for a suppressor, short barreled rifle, destructive device, full auto, etc. is a $200 tax stamp per item. Every time someone transfers ownership of a registered NFA item, the new owner will pay a $200 tax. There is no "class III permit" per say. Closest thing to that would be to become a class III machine gun dealer. If asked to prove you legally own your registered NFA item, you must show your tax stamp for that item.

Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10
Site Admin
Post Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:45 pm
FYI...

Subject: Re: suppressor hunting bill

any new updates on this?

To: "'xxxxx'" <xxxxxxx>
Cc: "Kraemer, Alex" <[email protected]>
Sent: Oct 14, 2014 2:45 PM
Subject: RE: suppressor hunting bill

Hello,

We are just waiting for the Legislature to resume Session after the election this November. We anticipate this bill will be moving in the Senate when we return soon.

You can stay updated on progress by clicking on the following link as well: http://lsc.state.oh.us/coderev/hou130.n ... enDocument

Thanks,

Alisa Vidulich
Sr. Legislative Aide
Rep. Cheryl Grossman, Majority Whip
Ohio House of Representatives, District 23
(614) 466-9690
 Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2