Forum rules

Moderator Aaron: The U.S. Sportsman's Alliance has given BFA (and me personally) permission to reproduce any of their articles here in the Great Outdoors forum or on our home page, in their entirety, as long as the original source is given credit.
 Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
Author
Post Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:45 pm
Going to be up that way next week, planning on stopping by Marblehead lighthouse, any good places to loose some bait in Lake Erie?
Post subject: Re: Good Fishing near Sandusky
Post Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:44 am
Lots of them...What are you after? The pier in Port Clinton is a good non-private spot for catfish and the occasional crappie. You can also fish from the pier at Camp Perry, but I've never caught anything worth a crap there. The best lake fishing this time of year is out in the deeper waters. If your after catfish or crappie, there are some spots along the Portage River and Mud Creek. You can also fish from the old causway that runs parallel to Route 2 in the Sandusky Bay. I haven't fished over there in 20 years so I'm not exactly sure what they are catching over there these days. We used to catch an occasional perch and some crappie there. Might be a lingering walleye or two in there too. Good luck!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]