Forum rules

Moderator Aaron: The U.S. Sportsman's Alliance has given BFA (and me personally) permission to reproduce any of their articles here in the Great Outdoors forum or on our home page, in their entirety, as long as the original source is given credit.
 Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
Author
Post subject: Deer Hunting Rifle Suggestions
Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:14 pm
Currently and for last several years when I deer hunt I usually go out during gun season only and use a Remington 870 20 Gauge. I have a scope mounted on top and use the rifled barrel.

However I have always wanted to use a rifle to hunt with and now that it is legal in Ohio to use certain kinds of rifles with the straight walled cartridges I was hoping to get some suggestions of the types of guns many of you are getting and using and your experience with them. It would give me a good place to start looking.

I recently heard on Gun Talk radio show, Tom Gresham suggesting a lever action 357 and possibly putting a suppressor on it. That creates a funny visual in my mind, but maybe it would be a great set up.

What do you guys use and like?

Fortune Hunter

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin
Post subject: Re: Deer Hunting Rifle Suggestions
Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:18 pm
10 mm
semiauto

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress:FrederickDouglass

learning is good .understanding is better .pleas teach with wisdom
 Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]