Forum rules

Moderator Aaron: The U.S. Sportsman's Alliance has given BFA (and me personally) permission to reproduce any of their articles here in the Great Outdoors forum or on our home page, in their entirety, as long as the original source is given credit.
 Page 2 of 2 [ 16 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author
Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:15 pm
Joe Sixpack wrote:
Also it's true that 2/3 animals Peta "rescues" they kill.

If you kill then the animals meat should be ate, It's how you honor the animal by using as much of it as you can.

From the Wikipedia entry on PETA: "The group takes in feral cat colonies with diseases such as feline AIDS and leukemia, stray dogs, litters of parvo-infected puppies, and backyard dogs, and says that it would be unrealistic to follow a no-kill policy in such instances. They offer free euthanasia services to counties that kill unwanted animals via gassing or shooting—they recommend the use of an intravenous injection of sodium pentobarbital if administered by a trained professional, and for severely ill or dying pets when euthanasia at a veterinarian is unaffordable." I'm not particularly a supporter of PETA, but those do sound like legitimate reasons. Although I don't know that I would want to be euthanized for any of those reasons... :?

I've not ever hunted, basically because I'm squeamish, but I enjoy deer meat and I think I should hunt my own dinner at least once. After all, I expect my Amish farmer to butcher my dinner for me, I shouldn't ask anyone to do something I won't.

PETA is one extreme side of the argument, just like those who firebomb abortion clinics are an extreme side of that argument. I don't like extremes.

And from your post, Joe, I think we mostly agree :)

Beth

Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound. -Anon.
 Page 2 of 2 [ 16 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2