Page 2 of 4 [ 60 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author
Post subject: Re: Holster Makers and websites
Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:38 pm
CADguy wrote:
May I also recommend Woolfe Gunleather. His quality is excellent and his lead time is very short for a made-to-order holster - three to four weeks right now.

http://woolfegunleather.com/

Interesting, he is the first one I've noticed that does not make any OWB holsters.

aka OhioPaints
Post Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:38 pm
Just received my Crossbreed Supertuck for my Para 1911. I will admit that I was very skeptical that someone with my slim build could conceal a "massive", 5" 1911. However, after only wearing it for a few minutes, it is already more comfortable than carrying my Glock 36 in a Supertuck, and conceals a little better than my Glock, too! :shock: Major Kudos to the folks at Crossbreed!

Ken

USAF Vet
American Legion
Glock 36/Ruger SR9C
Para 1911 GI Expert
Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:03 pm
CADguy wrote:
May I also recommend Woolfe Gunleather. His quality is excellent and his lead time is very short for a made-to-order holster - three to four weeks right now.

http://woolfegunleather.com/

I have an order in for a Woolfe, will post photos once it arrives. Very eagerly awaiting this :D
Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:44 am
Kind of on topic: Any recommendations for holster make/model for a Kahr CW45, as far as accessibility, comfort and fit and safety?

"Oh, Bother," said Pooh, as he slapped in a new magazine and jacked the slide of his 1911A1.
Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:17 am
GhostOfJefferson wrote:
Kind of on topic: Any recommendations for holster make/model for a Kahr CW45, as far as accessibility, comfort and fit and safety?

A holster is a very personal choice IMHO. I personally take many things into consideration when choosing a holster. Do you like IWB, OWB, paddle, cross-draw, or many other ways a holster can be worn.

I personally feel OWB is the most comfortable for me. I have an open top custom made holster that holds my 1911s very secure and conceals very well, but I also use a IWB for those times that the other holster doesn't quite conceal enough for my liking. I prefer the OWB mainly because I sit alot at a desk or I am driving and a IWB for me is less comfortable sitting.

I also think that as most will agree, a good quality gun belt is just as important as a good holster. Believe me when I say a heavy leather belt is not the same as a good quality gun belt.

So my simple answer is there are many good holsters out there. Think about your lifestyle, your normal days activitys and go from there.

Ranger 230
NRA Patron Member
”Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.”
~Benjamin Franklin
Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:40 am
You're correct, I should have been more specific. The CW45 is *tiny*, kind of just a tad bigger than a Glock 30, with a slightly longer (and narrower) single stack grip. I'm looking for IWB here, since I plan concealed during the day and wish to walk about. Shoulder rigs for under coat carry are kind of generic for me all said and done. I do plan OC'ing so an OWB/standard holster is in order, but that's something I can figure out pretty quickly. IWB's just seem so persnikity and it's hard to find a shop that will open up the box to let you try on various holsters (or if it isn't, let me know a store in central Ohio that will do so!). I just didn't know if there was one IWB (3-6 o'clock) go-to type holster that everybody who carries a Kahr CW or P series seems to agree on. :)

"Oh, Bother," said Pooh, as he slapped in a new magazine and jacked the slide of his 1911A1.
Post Posted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:14 am
Well...I'm not sure how you would go about "trying one on" at a store, but the 2 most popular IWB for CC is Crossbreed Supertuck and Galco's version of the same holster. The biggest difference I can tell between the 2 brands is warranty. Crossbreeds are guarenteed for life, Galco's are not. Since Crossbreeds are custom ordered, I'm not familiar with any store that sells them right off the shelf. Perhaps if you make it to a meet & greet, one of the posters here will let you try theirs on for size. There are soooo many different ones to chose from, it really comes down to preference and comfort.

FWIW, I have 2 regular carry guns, and have a crossbreed for each. When I can finally get my wife to get her a CHL, I will get one for the Ruger SR9c for her to carry. Since I bought my first crossbreed for my Glock 36, I am a CB customer for life.

Ken

USAF Vet
American Legion
Glock 36/Ruger SR9C
Para 1911 GI Expert
Post Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:12 pm
For my kimber ultra carryII I got a kydex IWB from Deadeyeluke.com shipped fast with good communication and priced right at Under 30 bucks delivered. Its lightweight and super comfy. If this rig lasts I'll be hooked for life.
Post Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 1:36 am
Anyone have a version of this list sorted by state?

Or another one for Ohio holster makers?

I know there are some, but with all the bloated web sites out there and dial up, it could be weeks before I could hit all those links just enough to determine each one's state.

Thanks,

Buckshot

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Copyright as of date of post
All rights reserved by author
Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:48 pm
I make handmade leather holsters and accessories.

http://www.zlogonje.com

Thanks
Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:31 am
My personal favorite.( My wife owns the company)
http://www.2ndammendmentstuff.com
http://www.2ndamendmentstuff.com

Bill,
Work to live, Live for your Family
Proud husband and parent.
NRA Member
NRA Training Counselor
SAFTD Regional Master Instructor
Buckeye Firearms Defender

http://www.defensivetrainingsolutions.com/
http://www.defensivetrainingsolutions.com/shop
Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:18 am
My favorite holster maker?

Me!

I leather craft, and have a nice side of 8/9 oz. leather sitting here waiting for a pattern to be transferred to it so I can make me a nice Sheridan carved holster for my Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 (10" barrel).

A bit of work granted but the end results are nice and the finished product, were I to buy it in the real world, would easily go for ~ $450+ or so. I'll post a pic when its finished. :)

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:19 am
OCCI wrote:

Ooooh, nice. I've just started down the holster making path, once I feel competent at it I'll drop y'all a line!

Post Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:11 am
good to see some ohio-based gear/holster makers on here!

NRA Endowment
GOA Life
SAF Life
Buckeye Firearms Assoc
Ohioans for Concealed Carry
Oregon Firearms Federation
Maryland Shall Issue
Colorado Second Amendment Assoc
 Page 2 of 4 [ 60 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next