Page 12 of 12 [ 172 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Author
Post subject: Re: Churches in Ohio that allow carrying
Post Posted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:33 pm
HMiller111

And another church votes to protect it's congregation and the Second Amendment. Outstanding work HMiller111.

tincan sailor
Proud to be a Tincan Sailor USS Noa DD841 1966-1968
Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2017 8:35 am
Tincan Sailor here. It has been over two years ago that I was the last one to post on this thread. I was just wondering if any other churches have voted to allow the right to carry in church by those who have a CHL.

Proud to be a Tincan Sailor USS Noa DD841 1966-1968
Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2017 3:55 pm
Tincan Sailor:

Welcome back, I guess :D....

My Synagogue's Board of Directors got after me for advice, as well as a few other members, after a few of those church/synagogue/mosque incidents. Nothing much happened, but I did talk 'em out of some very dangerous things. I was a little surprised that some of the board members also shoot once in a while, and everybody seemed to know that I did, too. (We didn't quite hit on the fact that I've been carrying for 51 years, pretty much 24/7/365....

IMHO, if the current legislation making carrying in Church or a Synagogue into a misdemeanor, or less, most of the problems will go away. At least for going into a building.

Of particular interest: Two visits to an "court" (courtesy of the folks at Social Security), one before 2004, and one after. First time, no issues, and no problems. I think there may have been a sign outside the building (a bank building) but it was a perfect "what sign?". About 2" x 4" on a vertical portion of a door frame.

Second visit, maybe 2007, same itsy sign. But two armed Security Officers, and wands. No Guns sign in the elevator (they had a whole floor), too. (Fortunately, that time, I knew that the place was a CPZ, and had left stuff in the car.)

We can only hope....

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:38 am
Thanks for the welcome back SMMAssociates. I am not much of a poster, more of a lurker. I too hope that the present legislation proves to be fruitful in advancing our gun rights.

Proud to be a Tincan Sailor USS Noa DD 841
Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:19 am
Persons who are legally licensed to carry (signs on doors) are permitted to do so at the

Fairview Church of Christ
4200 US 50
Hillsboro, Ohio
Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:28 pm
raisedin99 wrote:
Persons who are legally licensed to carry (signs on doors) are permitted to do so at the

Fairview Church of Christ
4200 US 50
Hillsboro, Ohio

Praise the lord and pass the ammunition.

But, do they recognize open carry? If they don't then they are two faced.
Post Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:49 am
raisedin99:

Welcome aboard!

I've been more than a little behind here. The wife had a knee replacement in early August, and things have been more or less unsoldered since then. (She got permission to drive a couple weeks ago, and hasn't been seen since if you don't look at our bank accounts :D . Anyway, I've been trying to stay ahead....)

There's a sticky at http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10097that you may want to have a look at (or at least the first couple pages). Nothing mandatory, and it may be sleep inducing, but you may learn something :) .

About that meeting I mentioned a while back: Waste of time.... Nothing much has changed, other than fixing the A/C. I hope they learn from things that happen elsewhere. Meantime, I stay away.

Unfortunately, the Legislators, who might have helped us out on this issue, likely felt that "you can always find another church", but didn't think about other religions. Jews and Muslims, for example, don't usually have competing houses of worship on every other corner the way that the mainstream groups do. Someday....

Meantime, enjoy!

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
 Page 12 of 12 [ 172 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12