Page 1 of 12 [ 172 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
Author
Post subject: Churches in Ohio that allow carrying
Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:34 am
Reply to this post with the name and city of a church that you KNOW allows carry. Also please indicate if it is allowed for everybody, or permitted for vetted individuals.

Adams

Allen

Ashland

Ashtabula

Athens

Auglaize

Belmont

Brown

Butler

Carroll

Champaign

Clark

Clermont
Mt Carmel Church of God - CCW

Clinton

Columbiana

Coshocton

Crawford

Cuyahoga

Darke

Defiance

Delaware

Erie

Visit the BFA Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/buckeyefirearms

Fairfield

Fayette

Franklin
High St Baptist Church - CCW

Fulton

Gallia

Geauga

Greene

Guernsey

Hamilton

Hancock
Findlay Evangelical Free Church

Hardin

Harrison

Henry

Highland

Hocking

Holmes

Huron

Jackson

Jefferson

Knox

Lake

Lawrence

Get the BFA grassroots action guide http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/Grassroots-Guide

Licking

Logan

Lorain

Lucas

Madison

Mahoning

Marion

Medina

Meigs

Mercer

Miami

Monroe

Montgomery

Morgan

Morrow
Edison Enterprise Baptist - CCW/LEO

Muskingum

Noble

Ottawa

Paulding

Perry

Pickaway

Pike

Get informed on gun rights issues http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/2009-Gun-Rights-Issues

Portage

Preble

Putnam

Richland
IMPACT Worship Center - CCW
River of Life Community Church, Butler, OH - All carry

Ross

Sandusky

Scioto

Seneca

Shelby

Stark

Summit

Trumbull

Tuscarawas

Union

Van Wert

Vinton

Warren

Washington

Wayne

Williams

Wood

Wyandot
Last edited by Skip_Cross on Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
062811 update
Post subject: Re: Churches in Ohio that allow carrying
Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:22 pm
Morrow County

Edison Enterprise Baptist - Anyone with a valid CCW license or is a LEO
Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:30 pm
Clermont
Mt Carmel COG
anybody who has a CHL

Come let it hang out and open carry.
Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:36 pm
Richland County: IMPACT Worship Center

When mere seconds count... The police are only minutes away...
Mid-Ohio Personal Defense Solutions
www.midohiopds.org
Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:37 pm
Hancock County: Findlay Evangelical Free Church.

Church leadership has informed me that as long as a person has a valid license, they do not have a problem with it. In fact, one of the pastors carries all the time. This policy is kept very hush hush though. So, if you visit, don't ask, just carry.

"One man with courage is a majority." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. ~ Luke 22:36
Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:07 pm
2ndafe wrote:
Hancock County: Findlay Evangelical Free Church.

Church leadership has informed me that as long as a person has a valid license, they do not have a problem with it. In fact, one of the pastors carries all the time. This policy is kept very hush hush though. So, if you visit, don't ask, just carry.

XXX

Since churches are the only "opt in" as far as statutory CPZs, and permission is required either to all or by individual, I'd get a document to CYA. I believe that all statutory CPZ's carry a felony charge, not just trespass.

To ignore your rights is a giant slap in the face to our Constitution, our freedom, and every single man and woman who has died protecting them.
We didn't lose our rights overnight. To think we'll get them back overnight is simply foolish.
Post Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:24 am
River of Life Community Church
Butler, OH 44822
Richland County
CCW all

XXX

When mere seconds count... The police are only minutes away...
Mid-Ohio Personal Defense Solutions
www.midohiopds.org
Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:54 pm
God, guns and guts...keep America free! =)
Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:03 pm
Church leadership has informed me that as long as a person has a valid license, they do not have a problem with it. In fact, one of the pastors carries all the time. This policy is kept very hush hush though. So, if you visit, don't ask, just carry..

Since churches are the only "opt in" as far as statutory CPZs, and permission is required either to all or by individual, I'd get a document to CYA. I believe that all statutory CPZ's carry a felony charge, not just trespass.

The first quote is really scary because the second quote is correct. It is NOT OK to carry in church just because the Pastor says it's oK. It MUST be PROVABLE that permission was given, i.e. a sign or in writing (church stationary or the Newsletter or..). The point here is that permission must be given in a form more than oral. It IS a Felony to carry in church without that written or signage permission and you could just be the next case that BFA tries to win in court. A place of worship is the ONLY forbidden place where the person in charge has the option to give this permission. Schools cannot, courthouses cannot. No place on the list of forbidden places can grant this except places of worship and they must put it in writing.
There are at least two of the places on the above County list that I have contacted and the Pastors have REFUSED to put it into writing. If you go with their oral "OK" you could be spending the next few years in the "Graystone Motel" contemplating the error of your ways...
Scenario: You ask your Pastor and he says, "Sure. I know you. No problem carrying your CW in our church." So you do.
In the middle of the service a nutcase (just the kind you carry to protect against0 comes in and shoots and kills the Pastor. You shoot and kill the perp. the police arrest you for carrying in a Forbidden zone. You protest, "I had an OK to do so." The police say, "Prove it...."
For the folks who added their church to this list I say, please give me the Pastor's name and phone number so I can call. I'd love to not be able to make this statement but, I HAVE YET TO FIND A SINGLE CHURCH IN OHIO THAT WILL GRANT THIS PERMISSION IN WRITING.

Robert S. (Bob) Maroldy
NRA Certified Instructor (R/P/S/PP/HFS/MCR/SSR/RSO)
NRA Endowment Life member (since 1961)
Ohio CHL Instructor (since 2004)
Member: OGCA, AGA, OFCC, BFA
Vietnam Veteran (1965) Army Security Agency (ASA)
http://www.americanguncrafters.com
Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:47 pm
Can someone here who claims that carrying a concealed handgun in a church without explicit permission is a felony, please point me to the applicable statute that makes that crime punishable as a felony for a first time offender? I do not see such laid out anywhere in ORC 2923. At best I can determine it may be a Class 1 misdemeanor.

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!"
Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:54 pm
jmelvin wrote:
Can someone here who claims that carrying a concealed handgun in a church without explicit permission is a felony, please point me to the applicable statute that makes that crime punishable as a felony for a first time offender? I do not see such laid out anywhere in ORC 2923. At best I can determine it may be a Class 1 misdemeanor.

I will look into that...I do know Ken Hanson says it is a felony.

NRA Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:58 pm
Quote:
2923.126(C)(3)(a) Except as provided in division (C)(3)(b) of this section, the owner or person in control of private land or premises, and a private person or entity leasing land or premises owned by the state, the United States, or a political subdivision of the state or the United States, may post a sign in a conspicuous location on that land or on those premises prohibiting persons from carrying firearms or concealed firearms on or onto that land or those premises. Except as otherwise provided in this division, a person who knowingly violates a posted prohibition of that nature is guilty of criminal trespass in violation of division (A)(4) of section 2911.21 of the Revised Code and is guilty of a misdemeanor of the fourth degree. If a person knowingly violates a posted prohibition of that nature and the posted land or premises primarily was a parking lot or other parking facility, the person is not guilty of criminal trespass in violation of division (A)(4) of section 2911.21 of the Revised Code and instead is subject only to a civil cause of action for trespass based on the violation.

Misdemeanor of the fourth degree.
Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:18 am
You have it backwards. The section of the ORC that you are quoting pertains to "private land or premises." A "Place of worship" is listed under the "Forbidden Places" and does not have to be posted in order to prevent concealed carry; It is ALREADY prohibited along with schools, courthouses, police stations, etc.
However, it is the ONLY place on the ":Forbidden zone" list that can have permission given to carry. Without that permission it is a felony to carry in a "Forbidden zone."

Robert S. (Bob) Maroldy
NRA Certified Instructor (R/P/S/PP/HFS/MCR/SSR/RSO)
NRA Endowment Life member (since 1961)
Ohio CHL Instructor (since 2004)
Member: OGCA, AGA, OFCC, BFA
Vietnam Veteran (1965) Army Security Agency (ASA)
http://www.americanguncrafters.com
Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:46 am
captainbob wrote:
You have it backwards. The section of the ORC that you are quoting pertains to "private land or premises." A "Place of worship" is listed under the "Forbidden Places" and does not have to be posted in order to prevent concealed carry; It is ALREADY prohibited along with schools, courthouses, police stations, etc.
However, it is the ONLY place on the ":Forbidden zone" list that can have permission given to carry. Without that permission it is a felony to carry in a "Forbidden zone."

What section says its a felony. It seem people keep saying it's a felony, but nobody states what section says that.
Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:27 am
Is a church public or private???? I would bet that all churches are private. The government, constitutionally, cannot create a church even though they think they are god.

The last time I looked churches are run by their creators/members. If you wish to join you must apply for membership, hence private.

State operated mental hospitals, police stations, jails, court houses and schools are areas that open and conceal carry is not permitted. The state regulates conceal carry. Open carry is a constitutional right. You can open carry in a government building except for the above mentioned.
 Page 1 of 12 [ 172 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next