Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
Author
Post Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:08 pm
My Ohio CCW will expire soon and because of the Mon through Weds 8-3 schedule, it is very inconvenient for me to renew. I would need to be late for work and I do not want this if I can help it. I am aware of the 30 day grace period. I also have a PA CCW and it does not expire for another year. My question is, if I wait for a few more weeks, and renew during my grace period, if it takes the police dept, say 45 days, then I would be without my Ohio CCW for a few days. Could I use my PA CCW until I get my Ohio one back? Thank you guys for your help, Jim
Post subject: Re: CCW Question
Post Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:27 pm
Yes, you can carry on your PA license if your Ohio expires. You can also apply in a surrounding county to the one you live in if they happen to have better hours for you.
Post Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:01 pm
JediSkipDog, I don't think that is correct - assuming the OP has been an Ohio resident for 6 months or longer - since we do not have a written reciprocal agreement with PA.

Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor
Post Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:37 pm
http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Law- ... Agreements

Quote:
Effective March 23, 2015, Ohio recognizes the concealed handgun license of any non-resident who has a valid concealed handgun license from any other state, regardless of whether Ohio has entered into a reciprocity agreement with that state[1]. Because of Ohio’s recognition of those licenses, the Attorney General has confirmed automatic reciprocity for Ohio license holders with several additional states.

[1] Pursuant to Ohio Revised Code 109.69, Ohio recognizes any out-of-state concealed handgun license so long as the license holder is not a resident of Ohio and is “temporarily in this state.” If a person with a concealed handgun license becomes an Ohio resident, he or she must then obtain an Ohio concealed handgun licenses within six months of becoming an Ohio resident.
Post Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:39 pm
JustaShooter wrote:
JediSkipDog, I don't think that is correct - assuming the OP has been an Ohio resident for 6 months or longer - since we do not have a written reciprocal agreement with PA.

Duh, forgot about that part. My bad and that is correct.
Post Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:46 pm
Thanks for the info. Guess im calling off of work tomorrow lol.
 Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]