Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
Author
Post subject: Wife terrorized by State trooper
Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:15 am
Not sure if I should file a complaint here or not bother since they will probably do nothing anyway but here is what happened on Sunday morning.

Wife is taking my 16 year old to get some fast food and does not fully stop at the stop sign and gets pulled over by a female state trooper.

The State trooper checks her license, insurance and the car registration (car is registered to me and I have a CCH license) and proceeds to tell the wife that the car is registered to have a concealed weapon and proceeds to grill both my wife and my son if they are carrying a gun.

Neither of them have a gun and the concealed weapon I own is always with me or in a gun safe. The trooper looks into the windows and the trunk, from the outside trying to see if she can spot a gun. Then she proceeds to make a big deal about my sixteen year old son not having an ID with him (he has not started driving yet so he does not have a driver license) and terrifies the wife that when my son starts driving this car and if he ever gets pulled over they will see that the registered owner has a concealed carry permit and that can get him into trouble.

Now I have the wife all paranoid and wanting to change the registration so it removes my name from it so if she or my son ever get pulled they will not have an issue.

We were treated like criminals because I legally obtained a license to conceal carry, thanks State trooper, why don’t you spend your time fighting the real criminals that buy guns from the street corner and commit crimes.
Last edited by damavr on Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post subject: Re: Wife terrorized by State trooper
Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:42 pm
I would for sure file a complaint. This officer needs to know the laws better and ever more importantly, how she she handle the public during a stop.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
Dalai Lama
Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:38 pm
She needs to file a complaint. The state highway patrol, unlike regular police departments and deputy sheriffs, will not tolerate belligerent officers. Also, did the officer have her cover (hat) on?
Post Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:42 am
color of law wrote:
did the officer have her cover (hat) on?

Serious question: Does that make a difference?
 Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]