Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
Author
Post Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:48 pm
I have read through the O.R.C. but I can not find the procedure for relinquishing a CHL permit. I live in Delaware, Ohio. Any help in figuring this out would be appreciated. Thanks, Chuck
Post subject: Re: Relinquishing my CHL
Post Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:54 pm
I guess you could turn it in to the sheriff's office, presumably whichever county issued it.Not sure you'd be removed from the data base though. But really I don't think you need to do anything except not renew it.

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:56 pm
bigruckus:

I think Brian's correct. In the eleven years I've been involved, I don't remember anybody wanting to do that (v.s. having to do so, or having the Sheriff pull it). So, I have to ask "why?" :) ....

There have been some legal changes in the last year or so that may have kicked you over the line to ineligible, but without a communication from the Sheriff, even if you can't legally carry anymore, still having the license shouldn't be a problem. I have the feeling that the legislature just forgot to include a formal notice, but since a CHL just sort of fades away some days (30 or 60? I forget) if not renewed, the real problem is one of us forgetting to renew.

(IANAL, and neither is Brian.)

Besides, we need the numbers :D ....

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:09 pm
Dear Sheriff,

Please find enclosed my Conceal Carry License #1234567, in the name of John Doe. This is notice that I am voluntarily surrendering said license.

Please note your records accordingly.

Thank you,

Sincerely,

John Doe

Send it to the sheriff that issued the license. Also, you need to address it accordingly, sign and date it.
 Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]