Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 
Author
Post Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:19 pm
Hi all,

I tried looking around first and didn't find exactly what I'm looking for so here it goes.

I'm about to take the required CCW course shortly and then be able to apply for my license. My trouble comes with work hours and getting to the sheriff's office. It will work out to go for the initial application (have a day off) but I do not know a time in the foreseeable future to go get the license. It seems like licenses are picked up in person per reading this forum, is that true?

My work starts well before and ends well after the hours the sheriff's office is open. For those who have gotten it before (Franklin county specifically) is it possible to have them mail it once issued? If they won't mail it, it could be a couple months before I could pick it up in person. Thanks everyone, I appreciate it. :)

The Hippocratic Oath does not only apply to helping the patient but protecting them when they are under your care.

NRA Member
Doctors for Responsible Gun Ownership Member
Post subject: Re: New CCW license question
Post Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:48 pm
If you live in Franklin County, you can also apply in Delaware, Licking, Fairfield, Pickaway, Madison, and Union counties. It is possible one of them may have better hours and may be willing to mail the license to you once it is issued. I know Delaware does, if you bring a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Go to the various county sheriff websites and search for their CCW pages (searching for "CHL" isn't likely to return useful information, even if it is the more accurate acronym...). See if one of them may be better able to meet your needs.

Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor
Post Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:52 pm
Thank you for your quick response! I may try and call this week to see if Franklin co (or others) will still offer to mail the license with a self addressed, stamped envelope supplied.

The Hippocratic Oath does not only apply to helping the patient but protecting them when they are under your care.

NRA Member
Post Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:18 pm
Montgomery county has 24 hour pickup, maybe others do too
Post Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:55 pm
Delaware is pretty easy to work with and will mail your license. Franklin County is fast but I avoid downtown whenever possible.

Joel
NRA Certified Instructor,Member and Recruiter
Centerburg Conservation Club Trustee
CCC Range committee and Lake committee
Second Call Defense Recruiter

If you like guns, click here! https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/sign ... ID=nranews
Post Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:20 pm
NRAInstructor wrote:
Delaware is pretty easy to work with and will mail your license. Franklin County is fast but I avoid downtown whenever possible.

Parking difficulties are often a major downside of dealing with the urban counties. Here in Cincinnati/Hamilton County the new sheriff opened a second, satellite CHL office out in the northern suburbs with plenty of free parking.

If someone here insists on using downtown for licensing I recommend going between 8 and 9 am. Sheriff office opens at eight and many nearby meters are free until nine.

But I've always used neighboring Clermont County, only thing is (unless it's changed lately) you must make a second trip to pick up the license in person.

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:17 pm
Clermont County now mails your license to you...one trip application process.
Post Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:45 pm
cardguy wrote:
Clermont County now mails your license to you...one trip application process.

That is good news, thanks.

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:35 pm
NRAInstructor wrote:

I had my appointment at Delaware Co today and it was incredibly smooth. I'll keep an eye out on the mailbox over the next several days/couple weeks.

NRA Member
Post Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:48 pm
License just came in today dated 11/10. Approved the next day!

NRA Member
Post Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:59 pm
Glad you had a good experience there. Stay safe!

Joel
NRA Certified Instructor,Member and Recruiter
Centerburg Conservation Club Trustee
CCC Range committee and Lake committee
Second Call Defense Recruiter

If you like guns, click here! https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/sign ... ID=nranews
 Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]