Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
Author
Post Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:43 pm
Does anyone know how county residency is determined? I've always lived in Ohio, but have 2 different residences in 2 different counties. My drivers license has my new address but I haven't "officially" lived there the entire year. My other home is where I would like to get my CCW as they accept walk-ins and don't take 45 days just to be jerks :).
Post subject: Re: County Residency
Post Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:16 pm
Unless the two counties border each other, I think you'll have a difficult time applying in the other county since your drivers license doesn't shows you living there.

There may be other, better counties to apply in that won't be a problem, what county does your DL show you live in?

Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor
Post Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:37 pm
JustaShooter wrote:
... what county does your DL show you live in?

Jackson County. Not sure why they are so delayed.
Post Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:27 pm
You can apply in any adjoining county. Use the address printed on your drivers license since that's where you live. You're supposed to notify the issuing county within 45 days of moving.

Joel
NRA Certified Instructor,Member and Recruiter
Centerburg Conservation Club Trustee
CCC Range committee and Lake committee
Second Call Defense Recruiter

If you like guns, click here! https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/sign ... ID=nranews
Post Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:26 pm
Yea, I'll have to search the surrounding counties. My training isn't until Jan 9th thanks to the POTUS speech and recent attacks. I've put it off far too long so I'm happily taking a class and have already purchased gun for CC. I SUCK at shooting it though, need more practice.
Post Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:19 pm
Looks like you have six counties to choose from if you claim Jackson county as your legal residence. The surrounding counties are: Vinton, Gallia, Lawrence, Scioto, Pike and Ross.

Now if we go by the FCC, then you would want to apply in Hamilton, Clermont, Warren, Clinton or Brown county.

Tanfoglio 45/22 Target Pistol
Post Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:48 pm
kc8iqw wrote:
Yea, I'll have to search the surrounding counties. My training isn't until Jan 9th thanks to the POTUS speech and recent attacks. I've put it off far too long so I'm happily taking a class and have already purchased gun for CC. I SUCK at shooting it though, need more practice.

Either you just suck or the gun is not the right gun for you. The size of the grip may be just wrong for you. You need to check it out.
Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:47 am
color of law wrote:
kc8iqw wrote:

Either you just suck or the gun is not the right gun for you. The size of the grip may be just wrong for you. You need to check it out.

Are you going to the Harpster, Ohio class on 9 Jan? If so, the instructor might be able to arrange for you to try out several different handguns. That way you can find one that fits your hand.

Tanfoglio 45/22 Target Pistol
Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:10 pm
Pike county is not bad, but you have to call for appt., I hear Scioto county is walk in.

Husband, Father, and All around Good Guy
NRA Member
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Home Firearm Safety
NRA Certified Personal Protection in the Home

Ohio Hunter Education Instructor
Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:57 pm
kb8dnr wrote:
color of law wrote:
kc8iqw wrote:

Are you going to the Harpster, Ohio class on 9 Jan? If so, the instructor might be able to arrange for you to try out several different handguns. That way you can find one that fits your hand.

No, Point Blank Range Blue Ash. I've already purchased the gun so no joy there. These are all good suggestions and possibilities, but I think I need more practice. I had the same problem with my P94 for ages till I finally figured out what I was doing. I always shot low, right for years till a few months ago when my brain was like "OOOHH THAT's what I'm doing wrong". I would pull down on the gun as I pulled the trigger. I tried and tried dry firing, but I guess my brain knew the difference between loaded and unloaded.
 Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]