Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
Author
Post subject: VA to restore handgun reciprocity in deal with Republicans
Post Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:38 pm
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/mcauliffe-to-restore-handgun-reciprocity-in-deal-with-republicans/2016/01/28/6f8c0240-c5d8-11e5-9693-933a4d31bcc8_story.html?postshare=6951454005619197&tid=ss_tw

Republican concessions to restore the reciprocity
Quote:
If an individual’s Virginia concealed-carry permit is revoked, a permit from another state will not be honored in Virginia — a practice known as “state shopping.”

State police must be present at all gun shows to administer background checks in private sales of guns on a voluntary basis.
Post subject: Re: VA to restore handgun reciprocity in deal with Republica
Post Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:24 am
Dinstar:

Saw this someplace else today. Good news for us, I think, here in OH.

However, the State Police at the gun shows to administer voluntary background checks is a "feel good".

The people who will obtain guns regardless of the law won't bother.... For the rest of us, I'd say that anybody who'd voluntarily submit to the check is not the problem. It's just an inconvenience.

That said, I'd prefer to have the option - the Courts are tending to favor the "belt and suspenders" coverage in many cases.

The advantage to us LAC's is some sort of proof that the recipient is legal. Since the Courts have been accepting cases where a gun is misused by a buyer should make the seller liable. That this is nonsense may not occur to some anti's. Having the protection of a check might be of value. BUT, voluntary compliance could easily get to "required", and we don't need that.

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
 Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]