Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
Author
Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:30 pm
IT ALL STARTED 8 YEARS AGO WHEN I WAS CHARGED WITH DV CHARGE 2919.25 M1 DV COMPLANT FILED BUT IN COURT IT WAS DROP TO a 2917.11A M4 Disorderly Conduct charge back in 2008 will this charge keep me from a ccw ? i live in Dover Ohio any help would be great Thank You
Post subject: Re: Need Help about ccw please
Post Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:12 am
SEAMORE5:

Welcome aboard! You've probably seen my note on your other post on this same topic, but generally, we don't like people to ask the same question twice, but as a new member we tend to show a little leeway. Don't worry about it.

There's a sticky at http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10097 that you should have a look at, but it's not mandatory, and could be sleep inducing. No need to go past the first few pages.

About your question: I expect the gang will have better answers, but I'll toss some stuff out. To some extent it actually depends on the crime itself, rather than the ORC of the conviction. The Courts have decided that if a conviction smells like a DV conviction, it IS one for the purpose of screwing you over via Lautenberg.... Even if the conviction for walking on the grass....

IMHO, this does give your attorney some wiggle room, but it muddies up the works for us, too.

The Clerk of Courts in the County where the conviction occurred is the contact for sealing. They have the forms, etc. $50, I think, but I'm not sure I'd trust them in a case like this without bringing a good lawyer into the game.

We've got some lawyers here, and others, who might be able to suggest somebody.

Dover OH - The former day job had a plant there, can't think of the road, but it was on the way to the dam. I used to get there several times a year. I used to get to Espenschieds (hope I spelled that right) when possible - one of the guys at that plant turned me on to it. Good food then. The plant poofed in the 90's, if memory serves, 'round the time I was let go.

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:27 am
SMMAssociates wrote:
SEAMORE5:

Welcome aboard! You've probably seen my note on your other post on this same topic, but generally, we don't like people to ask the same question twice, but as a new member we tend to show a little leeway. Don't worry about it.

There's a sticky at http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10097 that you should have a look at, but it's not mandatory, and could be sleep inducing. No need to go past the first few pages.

About your question: I expect the gang will have better answers, but I'll toss some stuff out. To some extent it actually depends on the crime itself, rather than the ORC of the conviction. The Courts have decided that if a conviction smells like a DV conviction, it IS one for the purpose of screwing you over via Lautenberg.... Even if the conviction for walking on the grass....

IMHO, this does give your attorney some wiggle room, but it muddies up the works for us, too.

The Clerk of Courts in the County where the conviction occurred is the contact for sealing. They have the forms, etc. $50, I think, but I'm not sure I'd trust them in a case like this without bringing a good lawyer into the game.

We've got some lawyers here, and others, who might be able to suggest somebody.

Dover OH - The former day job had a plant there, can't think of the road, but it was on the way to the dam. I used to get there several times a year. I used to get to Espenschieds (hope I spelled that right) when possible - one of the guys at that plant turned me on to it. Good food then. The plant poofed in the 90's, if memory serves, 'round the time I was let go.

Regards,

SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST JUST TRING TO ANSWERS SORRY

I REMEMBER AFTER MY PROBATION THE PERSON I REPORTED TO TOLD ME ABOUT SEALING THIS BUT CANT REMEMBER IF I DID .. GUESS I SHOULD MAKE A CALL . BUT I WAS READING AND WHEN THEY DO A CHECK THEY CAN UNSEAL IT AND GET IT ANY WAYS .... I CAN BUYS GUNS AND AMMO BUT I HAVE TO WAIT 3 DAYS BUT THATS NOT A BIG DEAL TO ME JUST HOPE I CAN GET MY CCW GUESS I HAVE TO TAKE MY CHANGES

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY MANY THANKS
Post Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:18 am
I saw this on the other thread:

SEAMORE5 wrote:
IT ALL STARTED 8 YEARS AGO WHEN I WAS CHARGED WITH DV CHARGE 2919.25 M1 DV COMPLANT FILED BUT IN COURT IT WAS DROP TO a 2917.11A M4 Disorderly Conduct charge back in 2008 will this charge keep me from a ccw ? i live in Dover Ohio any help would be great Thank You

Get a lawyer to investigate this for you. Right away. Since you were originally charged with DV and found guilty of a misdemeanor which may include an element of violence (2917.11(A)(1) does), you may be under Federal prohibition. Don't let the fact that you've passed the NICS check make you think this isn't a problem.
 Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]