Author
Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:30 pm
I find myself if a difficult position and I was hoping for some insight or some help as far as CCW laws go. My husband is attempting to get his CCW license in the state of OHIO and is running into problems with trying to purchase a firearm. In 2014 he was accused of stocking an ex-girlfriend while he was away on a business trip. He was not within her city of residence at the time and he was arrested when he got back home. I knew this girl in high school and she was a very disturbed individual. She was under the influence of a lot of drugs and was self harming. She took him to court over the issue and the victim's advocate would not allow the charges to be dropped. Instead he pled down to a M-4 disorderly conduct and paid a court fee. Back in December of 2014 he was delayed on a firearms purchase from a gun and knife show and was told that the FBI had called the vender and said not to sell him the weapon. However this was never put on his record permanently. He has now put in his application for his CCW in Ohio and is in the process of getting approved. The problem we are facing is that he also put in an application for a firearms purchase a couple days after he filed for his CCW. The application for the CCW is only an ohio state background check and the application for the firearm is a federal background check. The federal background check is going to ignore the conviction and will look at the original accusation even though there was no proof that he ever caused her harm. The CCW background check will be approved because they only look at the conviction. However, if the federal background check comes back first and they only look at the accusation then he will never be allowed to apply for his CCW. What can we do?
Post subject: Re: CCW HELP ASAP
Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:32 pm
Already posted....
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19890
Post subject: Re: CCW HELP ASAP
Post Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:31 am
COURTNEY:

What COL said.... (Thanks COL!)

Locking this thread....

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
 Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]