Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
Author
Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:46 pm
Picking my GF up at the airport Monday and I might need to get out of my car for the Hi honey hug and to load her luggage into my trunk. Is a swat team going to fast rope in on me should I God forbid print at some point during the hand off... Orrrrr, do I have to go unarmed, or remove my holster from my belt and disarm so a concerned citizen wouldn't raise the alarm should some empty holster leather leak out. Not a huge deal but I wondered on my way home last week when I dropped her off,,, as I stayed in the car, NOT :xconf:

Fascism is not defined by the number of its victims, but by the way it kills them. J.P. Sartre

It is not my duty to die for my country, but to help others die for theirs. Gen Patton
Post subject: Re: Airports?
Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:58 am
1stMarDiv:

Just IMHO/IANAL, as long as you stay outside of the building, you should be fine. You should be able to carry in non-sterile areas inside, too, but State law may cover that.

I'm pretty sure that PIT should permit non-sterile areas, but I've not asked anybody. The folks at PIT may have other ideas :( ....

To be safe, perhaps, lock the gun in the car.... Don't worry about the holster.

That said, last time I did a pickup at PIT (or was it CLE?), you couldn't leave a car on the curb. I doubt if any but the nastiest LEO's working there would care unless you tried to go inside.

If I have to go inside (between being 70 and taking a diuretic, that's not unusual :)), I park in the "outgoing" parking area, lock the gun in the car, and go in that way. (The "outgoing" area is usually fairly empty at PIT. 'Bit more at CLE.)

I don't worry about the holster, but I do (try to remember to) leave the spare magazine in the car.

I don't know what the deal would be at CMH (Columbus). The one time I made a drop-off there, I had to get out of the car and get my sister's bag out of the trunk, but didn't get near the building. I didn't need to go inside - I either had a room across the street (well, a bit further away), or was staying with my other sister, about five miles away.

Me? I'd send her cab fare :mrgreen: . Can't be too careful....

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:54 am
Airports outside the buildings are fine, and in my opinion inside the building up to the security chekcpoint *should* be fine if not posted, but I'm not inclined to press it especially since around me they all have gunbuster signs on the entrances anyway. So, outside at the curb, no worries IMHO/IANAL, but best to disarm and lock it up if you need to go inside.

Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor
Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:51 am
Thank you gentle persons, (wouldn't want the PC police to send a drone my way:-)

Fascism is not defined by the number of its victims, but by the way it kills them. J.P. Sartre

It is not my duty to die for my country, but to help others die for theirs. Gen Patton
 Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]