Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
Author
Post Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:05 am
Although Ohio has increased the number of states which it recognizes for concealed carry, unfortunately the reverse isn't true and national reciprocity doesn't exist. Until then, there is still a need for having multiple licenses or permits. I am currently seeking students who are interested in obtaining their Utah Concealed Handgun Permit. This is a four hour, no-live fire course. If anyone is interested, private message me.

NRA Life Member
2nd Amendment Foundation Member
GOAL Member
Range Safety Officer
NRA Pistol,Home Firearm Safety,Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home Instructor, Certified UT, MD, MA Handgun & LEOSA Instructor
Post subject: Re: Utah CHP Class
Post Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:29 pm
Not that having multiple licenses is a bad thing, but what does Utah add to an Ohio license today? I'm not seeing the benefit...

Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor
Post subject: Re: Utah CHP Class
Post Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:48 am
JustaShooter wrote:
Not that having multiple licenses is a bad thing, but what does Utah add to an Ohio license today? I'm not seeing the benefit...

Having the Utah permit does not currently provide any additional carry privileges, however, states are subject to changing their reciprocity agreements and revoking privileges at the will and whim of whomever is elected governor, as we saw last year in Virginia. I have several licenses from different states whose reciprocity and privileges are eclipsed by the privileges that my Ohio CHL allows, although I continue to maintain those licenses because I travel.

While the possibility of having nationwide reciprocity exists, the likelihood of this being enacted into law anytime soon is unlikely. This idea has been kicked around for at least the past six years in both House and Senate versions and has failed to gain enough traction where it would be passed by either chamber, let alone go to a conference committee for a final draft to be signed by the President.

Until then, I'll still maintain my licenses and offer classes to those who want to obtain privileges in other states.

NRA Life Member
2nd Amendment Foundation Member
GOAL Member
Range Safety Officer
NRA Pistol,Home Firearm Safety,Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home Instructor, Certified UT, MD, MA Handgun & LEOSA Instructor
 Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]