Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author
Post subject: Re: Is a bus stop a school zone?
Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:28 am
color of law wrote:
JediSkipdogg wrote:
color of law wrote:
I cannot believe that you really believe that a child standing at the end of their driveway with their parent waiting for the school bus is actually an activity held under the auspices of a board of education.

I would think telling me they will only pick my child up and drop the child off at the end of my driveway is a direction of the bus facility which is overseen by the board of education. They choose the time and location, not I, and say nowhere else is a pickup/drop off allowed.

When I was in school (I lived in a subdivision) it was at the end of our street at an intersection. So again, they chose the time and location which to me means that the activity of picking up and dropping off a child is held under the auspices of the board of education. And the state has specifically granted busses certain rights when that little sign comes out at that location so I would venture the state thinks it's an activity under the BOE control.

Also, and not that it directly applies to Ohio, many states spell out "bus stop" as a school safety zone. I would think it would be a long battle to say a school bus stop is not a school safety zone. Could one win? Possibly.

That is all you ever do; "I would think..." You burn-up a lot of time telling everybody what you think and produce no law to support your obtuse thinking. Do you have a statute or court case that supports your bloviating. If you had something legally supporting your position you would have posted it, but you haven't.

Does this sound familiar?
Quote:
The individual right to keep and bear arms, being a fundamental individual right that predates the United States Constitution and Ohio Constitution, and being a constitutionally protected right in every part of Ohio, the general assembly finds the need to provide uniform laws throughout the state regulating the ownership, possession, purchase, other acquisition, transport, storage, carrying, sale, or other transfer of firearms, their components, and their ammunition. Except as specifically provided by the United States Constitution, Ohio Constitution, state law, or federal law, a person, without further license, permission, restriction, delay, or process, may own, possess, purchase, sell, transfer, transport, store, or keep any firearm, part of a firearm, its components, and its ammunition.

I think your way of thinking may be more to the liking to those over at OFCC. It doesn't work so well out here in the real world.

I say I would think because there is no current case law. So then the decision will be up to a jury of peers and possibly an appellate court and Ohio Supreme Court to decide. I see cases they handle and have a pretty good rating on ruling the way they rule. Not to hard to say that under the right circumstances, a prosecutor could push for a bus stop to be a school safety zone. It just depends on what case gets there first. The dad just getting his daughter on the bus or the two douchebags that want to fight it out and have the court system make a special case out of them. The repercussions will then follow in all future cases.
Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:12 am
JediSkipdogg wrote:
color of law wrote:
JediSkipdogg wrote:
color of law wrote:
I cannot believe that you really believe that a child standing at the end of their driveway with their parent waiting for the school bus is actually an activity held under the auspices of a board of education.

I would think telling me they will only pick my child up and drop the child off at the end of my driveway is a direction of the bus facility which is overseen by the board of education. They choose the time and location, not I, and say nowhere else is a pickup/drop off allowed.

When I was in school (I lived in a subdivision) it was at the end of our street at an intersection. So again, they chose the time and location which to me means that the activity of picking up and dropping off a child is held under the auspices of the board of education. And the state has specifically granted busses certain rights when that little sign comes out at that location so I would venture the state thinks it's an activity under the BOE control.

Also, and not that it directly applies to Ohio, many states spell out "bus stop" as a school safety zone. I would think it would be a long battle to say a school bus stop is not a school safety zone. Could one win? Possibly.

That is all you ever do; "I would think..." You burn-up a lot of time telling everybody what you think and produce no law to support your obtuse thinking. Do you have a statute or court case that supports your bloviating. If you had something legally supporting your position you would have posted it, but you haven't.

Does this sound familiar?
Quote:
The individual right to keep and bear arms, being a fundamental individual right that predates the United States Constitution and Ohio Constitution, and being a constitutionally protected right in every part of Ohio, the general assembly finds the need to provide uniform laws throughout the state regulating the ownership, possession, purchase, other acquisition, transport, storage, carrying, sale, or other transfer of firearms, their components, and their ammunition. Except as specifically provided by the United States Constitution, Ohio Constitution, state law, or federal law, a person, without further license, permission, restriction, delay, or process, may own, possess, purchase, sell, transfer, transport, store, or keep any firearm, part of a firearm, its components, and its ammunition.

I think your way of thinking may be more to the liking to those over at OFCC. It doesn't work so well out here in the real world.

I say I would think because there is no current case law. So then the decision will be up to a jury of peers and possibly an appellate court and Ohio Supreme Court to decide. I see cases they handle and have a pretty good rating on ruling the way they rule. Not to hard to say that under the right circumstances, a prosecutor could push for a bus stop to be a school safety zone. It just depends on what case gets there first. The dad just getting his daughter on the bus or the two douchebags that want to fight it out and have the court system make a special case out of them. The repercussions will then follow in all future cases.

Someday your prince will come. Go bounce your obtuse thinking off Werz and SeanC over at OFCC. I would love to see all the case law that supports your warped thinking, especially since ORC 9.68 says: “Except as specifically provided by the United States Constitution, Ohio Constitution, state law, or federal law, a person, without further license, permission, restriction, delay, or process, may own, possess, purchase, sell, transfer, transport, store, or keep any firearm, part of a firearm, its components, and its ammunition.”

What state law specifically provides that a particular area around a school bus, picking up school children, on public property open to the public or private property not lawfully under the legal control of a school board, is a criminal protection zone? What law? There is no law and you know it, and if you don’t you need to turn in your CCL. After all, you certified that you read the Attorney General’s publication summarizing our state’s concealed carry laws” which quotes ORC 2901.01(C)(1); ‴School safety zone’ consists of a school, school building, school premises, school activity, and school bus.‷ This appears under the section titled “Forbidden Carry Zones.”

And, as you should know the Attorney General’s publication covers conceal carry, not open carry. But, it does say ‴Ohio’s concealed carry laws do not regulate ‘open’ carry of firearms. If you openly carry, use caution. The open carry of firearms is a legal activity in Ohio.‷

I know my logical common understanding of the law is unwelcome at OFCC, they much preferring your obtuse thinking. However, Alice in Wonderland doesn’t work to well out in the real world. I’m sure the sheriff will gladly accept the surrender of your CCL.
Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:52 pm
I do understand all the if's and but's,,,, however, I also understand the term "concealed"! Sometimes it's better (and unnecessary) not to ask certain questions.

You can't get something for nothing unless someone, somewhere is getting nothing for something!

Sig P238
S&W Shield 9
Ruger SR9c
 Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2