Page 37 of 37 [ 548 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
Author
Post subject: Re: Share your County CHL experience
Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 2:32 pm
I live in Cuyahoga County. My CCW expires on May 13. I had my email notify me 2 weeks in advance. I went to the website today to find out what I would have to do to renew my CCW license. I have had my license for more than 9 years. The site said that I had to make an appointment to renew my license. The earliest appointment that I could get was June 27 at 11:15 am.

So, I have a question. Does that mean I cannot carry concealed after May 13? Does it mean that I will have to wait until I get the new renewed license.

As a side note I made a note on my calendar to remind me 90 days in advance of my CCW license expiration for next time.
Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 2:38 pm
ed2815 wrote:
The earliest appointment that I could get was June 27 at 11:15 am.

So, I have a question. Does that mean I cannot carry concealed after May 13? Does it mean that I will have to wait until I get the new renewed license.

You have a 30-day grace period after your current license's expiration date where you can still carry, but after that, you must wait till you have your new license.

Since you can renew in a neighboring county, have you looked around to see if you can get in sooner?

Also, keep trying to see if a slot opens up, sometimes people cancel.

Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor
Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 4:16 pm
JustaShooter wrote:
ed2815 wrote:
The earliest appointment that I could get was June 27 at 11:15 am.

You have a 30-day grace period after your current license's expiration date where you can still carry, but after that, you must wait till you have your new license.

Since you can renew in a neighboring county, have you looked around to see if you can get in sooner?

Also, keep trying to see if a slot opens up, sometimes people cancel.

You might try the Lake County Sheriff's Office @ http://www.lakecountyohio.gov/sheriffof ... Carry.aspx

scroll down to "Renewal of CHL" license info..

The wife & I have renewed there the last two times and gotten our renewal the same day..

Great operation,very helpful.. Call first if you have any questions or to find out what you need to have with you. Good Luck

Glenn

PS> You may need your original training certificate since you are from Cuyahoga County the first time..

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not

NRA Endowment Life..Buckeye Firearms..US Army Veteran,1962-68..American Legion Funeral Honor Guard...
Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:35 pm
Geauga's absolutely fantastic.

-Allen
Post Posted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:39 am
My license expires on May 13. Since I could not get an appointment to renew my license with Cuyahoga until June 27, I went to Geauga County Sheriffs office on Saturday, May 14, 2016.I arrived at 8:30 am and was on my way home at 10 am. You have to sign in and then wait your turn. It is a 2 step process. The first deputy called me in about 9 am and reviewed my paper work for about 5 minutes. He organized my paper work into a folder. He then took me back out to the waiting room. I had to wait for the next deputy to call me in. At about 9:45 the second deputy called me into the office. This deputy finger printed me. He also took a picture of me. He did some more paper work and computer work. He gave me a receipt for the $50 cash that I gave him. He told me that I would be getting the new license within 3 to 30 days.
Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:51 am
The most painful part of getting my renewal in Stark Co yesterday was standing in line at the PO for a money order.

The best part was seeing 3 young women getting their CHL. Each got a big smile and a thumbs up.
Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:09 am
Hey Dinstar, did they give you your renewed license on the spot? I heard they were able to do that for both renewals and new licenses unless you had issues in your background check.

Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor
Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:26 pm
Yes walked out with it. I was in the office less than 15 minutes.
 Page 37 of 37 [ 548 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37