Page 36 of 37 [ 552 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
Author
Post subject: Re: Share your County CHL experience
Post Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:27 pm
Kudos to the Lake County Sheriff for running an efficient and quick CCW office, I had an 8:00 am appointment got there at 10 till and by 10 after I was heading for the door with my renewal. :)

An LCP is my CC (constant companion)
Post Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:34 am
It took me 4 days for my new license Noble County.

on another note while reading this thread I read the commit "That in Ohio the county corner has more power over the county sheriff". This is true. The corner is the only county official that can arrest the county Sheriff. But only in a death investigation. I know this from my 34 years of fire and ems experience.

Dave

A firefighter is not a hero for what he has done, but for what he might have to do. In memory of those who serve and those who serve no more. 343/138.
Post Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:38 am
Stark County (Canton). Original CCW took about 2 weeks in 2009. Not bad at all. Did my 5 year renewal in February 2014. Painless experience both times. Maybe 10 minutes wait in line, then Maybe 10 minutes to get it done once in the office with the staff. Probably one of the better Government run operations I have encountered.
Biggest delay happens when others in line (you know who you are! :oops: ) did not come with the correct documents / cashier check / etc.

I had a question on my renewal,
[Do you need to bring in a passport type photo for a renewal? Answer = No.]
so I emailed them before I went in.
They answered my email in 1 business day.

Big Thumbs up for Stark County.
Post Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:56 pm
Dave:

That "coroner" questions gets a lot of people. I found out about it about ten years before you started getting that experience :D... (Told you I was old.)

ExplodinGnome:

That was quick. I did my original and two renewals (so far :D) at Columbiana County. Idiotic procedural delays and a computer problem on the first CHL, but my actual time in the two places we had to go (once to the Sheriff's Office "downtown", and twice to the Jail) was under fifteen minutes for the renewals, and a bit less than an hour the first time. The only downside is that a renewal could have been handled with "come back in the afternoon", but the Deputy doing the work was assigned somewhere else until the following week....

I brought a picture anyway :D.... Belt & suspenders....

AND, some boilerplate:

Welcome Aboard!

There's a sticky at http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10097 that you should have a look at. It's not mandatory, and may be hazardous to your health. But, should you survive, you'll either head for some other board, or start to really enjoy this place. Or, at least, figure out who the dog in my avatar is.

BTW, never a "line" at Columbiana. The "downtown" thing only takes a minute or two, and you can lean on a counter :) . At the Jail, you can sit while you're waiting - you sign in and.... However, last time, for the first Jail visit, I went with two buddies, and they got the wrong sign-in sheet. One for "first visit", and one for "Second". Getting them on the right sheet killed twenty minutes :D.

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:38 pm
SMMAssociates wrote:
Dave:

That "coroner" questions gets a lot of people. I found out about it about ten years before you started getting that experience :D... (Told you I was old.)

Man you are old. that make 62 plus. You old fart :lol: :P

Dave

A firefighter is not a hero for what he has done, but for what he might have to do. In memory of those who serve and those who serve no more. 343/138.
Post Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:17 pm
Wayne County continues to be top notch. I have been an instructor since before CCW, and I am proud of my County Sheriff office. They have online appointments and no wait, usually next day pick up .
Post Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:59 pm
Preble county renewal. Made an appointment about one week from the call. Went in Tuesday morning and it was ready Thursday afternoon. Very quick and friendly.
Post Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:50 pm
Family member renewed CHL in Hocking county.

Original was from Franklin county and never reported address change.

Walked out with new license in 15 minutes!! :D

Wednesday CHL desk hours are from 1pm to 7pm !!!!!! :o

What does a caring, sensitive
person feel when they are forced
to use a handgun to stop a threat?

Recoil.
Post Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:11 am
Wayne County

Took my class on a Saturday and when I got home, I made my appointment using their online system.

I was in and out of the Sheriff's office in 10 minutes and they said it should be ready the next day.

I couldn't make it the following day so I brought a self addressed stamped envelope and they mailed it to me.

Overall it went as smooth as possible.

NRA Life Member
SAF Member
BFA Member
CHL
Post Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:19 am
The wife just got her new license in Franklin County.

Submitted Tuesday 1/6 and picked up after getting a call today 1/9.

-Matt

Better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it and remove all doubt.
Post Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:09 pm
Just got mine from Mahoning County, took exactly 7 days. my only problem is that the issue date was 5 days prior to me getting it.
Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:34 am
straydog0401 wrote:
Just got mine from Mahoning County, took exactly 7 days. my only problem is that the issue date was 5 days prior to me getting it.

Counties vary in the "fine points" such as that. I've gone to Clermont County for initial issuance in 2004, then for renewal in 2008, and again in 2013. In '08 I renewed say a month early, they gave me the full five years extension. In 2013 I lost a few weeks by going early. Mentioned this to their clerk (she has been on board doing their CHL work since the beginning) and she just sort of shrugged.

Over all things have improved drastically around the state since the beginning. In spite of the county getting to hold half the license revenue collected, some stamped their feet and cried like babies about it. You should have seen the Cuyahoga County sheriff in 2004, for a few weeks he completely REFUSED to comply and even take applications!

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:53 pm
Several counties here - My students generally come from Clinton and Warren Counties.

Clinton is 10-3, M-F, and an appointment for fingerprints is needed. Take 2 passport photos. Permit is usually ready in a week, must pick up.

Highland - 8-3, M-F, drop-in is fine. No photo needed. Permit ready next day if in before noon.

Warren - Appointment required - they're scheduling them 3 months out. 2 pictures, permit ready in about 2 weeks.

Clermont - procedure unknown, but students are saying permit turn-around is a week-10 days.
Post Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:45 pm
I understand that Clermont is taking around 30+ days, because of the increased volume of new applicants and renewals. Those with criminal records (even dismissed cases) likely take the full 45 days. BCI is taking longer to get criminal record reports mailed back due to the increased volume statewide.

Seeker411 wrote:
Several counties here - My students generally come from Clinton and Warren Counties.

Clinton is 10-3, M-F, and an appointment for fingerprints is needed. Take 2 passport photos. Permit is usually ready in a week, must pick up.

Highland - 8-3, M-F, drop-in is fine. No photo needed. Permit ready next day if in before noon.

Warren - Appointment required - they're scheduling them 3 months out. 2 pictures, permit ready in about 2 weeks.

Clermont - procedure unknown, but students are saying permit turn-around is a week-10 days.
Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:36 pm
My Wife and I had to renew our CHL this past week. We went to Darke County. The renewal license was ready the next day.

Bill,
Work to live, Live for your Family
Proud husband and parent.
NRA Member
NRA Training Counselor
SAFTD Regional Master Instructor
Buckeye Firearms Defender

http://www.defensivetrainingsolutions.com/
http://www.defensivetrainingsolutions.com/shop
 Page 36 of 37 [ 552 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next