Page 34 of 37 [ 553 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
Author
Post subject: Re: Share your County CHL experience
Post Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:16 pm
Preble County called today. Total time was 2 days on an uncomplicated renewal. Good job guys!

Chris

The walkers are coming!

I have officially lost my faith in the system.

WARNING! driver carries more than $20 in ammunition.

Due to the rising cost of ammunition, I will no longer be able to provide a warning shot. Thanks for your understanding.
Post Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:45 am
I applied to Licking County Sheriffs department on the 22nd of Oct. I have spoke with Sandra (She handles the ccw's) about the delay twice.. First time I called was at 12 days because I was told 7-10 days was how long it would take originally so I called to check up on it.. She told me that BCI was sending paperwork to confirm something and that as long as what we discussed was the only thing on the paperwork (which it is a Dismissal through Diversion Program and was not drug or domestic related) that it wouldn't be an issue to be held against my receiving of my CCW.. Well I gave it another 2 weeks so at that point it was around 26ish days since I applied. Upon my second call she told me she was still waiting for the paperwork to arrive.. I said "Dang" and pretty much expected to not call again till day 46..

Well it's day 48 and no one is answering the phone at her office so what the hell is taking so long is my question? But there is nothing I can do to enforce laws I can only abide by them.
Post Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:02 pm
Chief58:

First, Welcome Aboard! There's a sticky at http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10097 that you should read, but it's not mandatory, and may be sleep inducing. Admitting that you did could also cause a delay in processing your application :mrgreen:....

On Topic: While the law says 45 days, nobody seems to agree whether that's "working days" or "calendar days", and there are no teeth in the law to force the Sheriff to "hurry up". Which means that "before you're too old to lift the firearm" is really what's there. Back in 2004, many of us were reporting 45 days, give or take, or worse. In my case, it was about 45 days before I had to come in for what was to be the second of two visits to the Columbiana County Sheriff's station at the Jail, only to find out that I had to come back "next week" to actually get the CHL. A trip scheduled for that weekend was a little scary :D....

In my case, some real hardware issues, but there were places where the Sheriff was just sitting on applications.

Lately, though, we're hearing about "about a week" or better....

Which doesn't mean that you're not going to get the license, but does mean that it could still take a little while longer. If you're a recent resident of OH, or have other issues hiding in the background, it's possible that this could still take a little more time. Really about all you can do is be a little more patient.

It's also possible that somebody who has to look at your application (particularly with that "Dismissal") is out of town or otherwise off duty. A lot of Departments, these days, seem to be doing this on a shoestring, and somebody getting the flu could mess up the ritual pretty badly.

Meantime, enjoy the board!

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:31 pm
Got the call I have been waiting for today..I guess all I had to do was make a post on the boards here and the good Lord heard me..Hehe.. 48 days and at that point it was still just issued in good faith with paperwork still having yet to arrive.

I wasn't getting impatient, just antsy you know like "What am I getting for Christmas?" when your a child lol.

Thanks for the welcome, read the new members post.. Am confused if yall's pets are contributors to the boards or not.. haha
Post Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:35 pm
Chief,

I think Stu's dog and cats are the actual admins for this site but it hasn't been confirmed yet. We are afraid to ask them.

Congrats on the license and welcome to the forum!

Joel
NRA Certified Instructor,Member and Recruiter
Centerburg Conservation Club Trustee
CCC Range committee and Lake committee
Second Call Defense Recruiter

If you like guns, click here! https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/sign ... ID=nranews
Post Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:56 pm
Chief58:

Now I'm really starting to worry....

Sammy was sitting on top of one of my notebooks when I took that avatar picture, and I have another picture someplace of Peaches doing the same thing (different notebook). Duke is afraid of them, though....

Peaches does tend to walk on the desktop's keyboard in the "upper office", too.

They won't tell me what it is that they do, other than Sammy kicking the comma key of the notebook pictured.

Anyway, congratulations, too!

My daughter, who's 27, still does the "are we there yet?" gag once in a while, even when she's driving.... I'm kind of used to it.... There really should be some teeth in that 45 day thing, but it's really more of a guideline, and most Sheriffs have been doing a good job of hitting it, or even beating it, recently. I've run into minor delays (not to mention that Columbiana County's procedure is nuts), mostly because I was one of the first licensees back in 2004, and a LOT of people always seem to be renewing at the same time for the same reason.

The latter half of November, and all of December tend to be a little fuzzy, too, where only a couple people at the SO are involved. When I renewed last time, though, last May, somebody'd sorted it out, and there were staff everywhere. But only for about an hour a day....

Enjoy!

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:08 pm
Lake County same day in and out. Make an appt online and then show up, they even take your picture so you dont have to. When i got mine last year the card was still warm from the printing machine.

Certified NRA Instructor
Concealed Carry Gear - EDC gear that actually works
http://www.phaselinedefense.com/holsters.html
[email protected]
Post Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:26 am
I got my CHL in Madison Co just last month. Turned in the app in one visit...got a call about 10-ish days later and picked it up. They were very organized and professional about it. Pretty good experience...although...I've nothing to compare it to as this is my first time getting my CHL.

PistolFormation
Post Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:13 pm
Muskingum County

27 Feb I applied, staff was professional and efficient. Very nice bunch.

I am military, but because it was implied that any equivalent training claimed needed to be documented by the military as being handgun specific, I took a course anyway. I had 3 prior addresses out of state (close to 20 years ago) so I'm sure that had something to do with the processing time.

12 Mar I receive a letter in the mail notifying me of the approval and the dates and times I can pick up the license (18 or 19 Mar between 8:30am and 3:00pm).

Not sure why I could only pick up the license on those 2 days? I didn't ask what would have happened if I didn't make it one of those days. Again the staff was awesome. Overall pretty decent experience.
Post Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:36 pm
Champaign county total time waiting including filling out renewal form about 2 hrs.
Post Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:39 pm
Medina County

Applied for renewal 3/18/2014 got call today CHL ready for pick up 4/1/2014. Great service and friendly ppl at Medina.

Ray

tis better to be thought a fool than opening one,s mouth and proving it
----------------------------------------------------
Post Posted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:31 am
Delaware county: very friendly pro-gun office with a seven day turnaround time. No problems, no issues.
Post Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:11 pm
sd790 wrote:
Delaware county: very friendly pro-gun office with a seven day turnaround time. No problems, no issues.

That's good to know. According to others this was not always the case, to say the least.

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:13 pm
A CHL is nothing but defacto gun registration and is unconstitutional. My state does not require any kind of a permit for concealed or open carry. You can get a permit if you want to. All gun laws are and always have been unconstitutional!!!!!
Post Posted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:25 pm
Buckshot; Acording to the consstitution and the federal courts the Sherrif is the highest law enforcement official in the county. He can throw the feds out of his county and stop them from enforcing any fed law. If you do not have Sheriffs then you are violating the constitution!!!!!
 Page 34 of 37 [ 553 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next