Page 4 of 8 [ 119 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author
Post subject: Re: PA Non-Resident renewal
Post Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:33 pm
So what exactly do we need to do and where do we get the appropriate paperwork? My girlfriend has family in Venango County but they don't carry so they don't know.
Post Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:18 pm
Stiltz79 wrote:
So what exactly do we need to do and where do we get the appropriate paperwork? My girlfriend has family in Venango County but they don't carry so they don't know.

If you read back through the other posts in this thread it details what is needed and has links. But here is a link that will also accomplish getting you the information from the centre county sherriff office.

"All the public shootings in the United States in which more than three people have been killed have occurred in places where concealed handguns have been banned. "Washington Times article
Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:45 am
got mine today (took about two weeks total).

now it says i have to sign two of the copies and send back... BTW, i was hoping to laminate it for the wallet - can we fold it in half?

NRA Endowment
GOA Life
SAF Life
Buckeye Firearms Assoc
Ohioans for Concealed Carry
Oregon Firearms Federation
Maryland Shall Issue
Colorado Second Amendment Assoc
Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:49 am
Wiley:

I think you only have to send back one, and keep the other copy....

You can fold, laminate, whatever....

What I did was make a photo-reduced copy (actually, using the computer and a "Paint" program) on heavy paper. I carry that "outside", and have the original hidden in my wallet where it won't wear much. Worked for the first four years - I hadn't looked since I renewed, and don't remember what happened when I told 'em I'd moved.

AFAIK, the idea is that you have a document that an LEO can inspect, and can "call in" - I presume you need to actually have a document on your person when carrying. OH's MUST carry your ID is nonsense....

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:13 am
SMMAssociates wrote:
Wiley:

I think you only have to send back one, and keep the other copy....

You can fold, laminate, whatever....

What I did was make a photo-reduced copy (actually, using the computer and a "Paint" program) on heavy paper. I carry that "outside", and have the original hidden in my wallet where it won't wear much. Worked for the first four years - I hadn't looked since I renewed, and don't remember what happened when I told 'em I'd moved.

AFAIK, the idea is that you have a document that an LEO can inspect, and can "call in" - I presume you need to actually have a document on your person when carrying. OH's MUST carry your ID is nonsense....

Regards,

stu,
here's what the "little note" that came stapled to the piece of paper i got back said: "sign all three copies line 17, keep bottom copy & receipt, that is your permit, return top two signed copies to _____"

kinda weird, but i guess i can't complain for $26 :mrgreen:

NRA Endowment
GOA Life
SAF Life
Buckeye Firearms Assoc
Ohioans for Concealed Carry
Oregon Firearms Federation
Maryland Shall Issue
Colorado Second Amendment Assoc
Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:10 am
Wiley:

Three copies?

Could be....

As long as you keep one, I guess it's OK.

I thought the whole thing was hilarious back in 2004. They can't honor the OH license for all kinds of reasons, but they'll give an OH permit holder a license for $26 and some paperwork. (Before we had a CHL in OH, a lot of the guys locally had 'em for PA - they had to drive over and get it, and it was worthless in OH, but nice for hunters, etc., in PA.)

Regards,

Stu

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:47 pm
From the Centre County Sheriff's web site at: http://www.dennynau.com/index.php?optio ... &Itemid=34

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT ON LICENSE TO CARRY FIREARM

ACT 66 2005 THE STANDARDIZATION & MODERNIZATION OF PROCESS SYSTEM
UPDATED POST - 2/15/11

We have implemented the new statewide system. There have been some problems with the new system and times we were unable to issue a license through the new system. In those cases we still utilize the old system.
Until these issues are resolved we will continue utilizing both the old and new system.
Once the new system has all the glitches worked out we will no longer utilize the old system and all applicants and renewals will need apply in person.
When we make the full transition to the new system we will provide a one week window for processing via mail.
Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:50 am
standerson wrote:
Fortune_Hunter wrote:
Quote:
Received my PA non-resident in 6 days. My check hasn't even cleared the bank yet.

I think mine came in faster and that was even considering Thanksgiving holiday was in there! This guy is efficient. I just did mine 30 days or so ago and got it by mail so for now yes, you can still get it by mail. I wasn't sure if it would terminate by end of year so I hurried to get mine in. I figure I am good for 5 years and when that time is up I can decide if a trip over to PA is worth it for me.

I don't normally go to PA, but I wanted their reciprocal agreement with GA so I could drive to FL and be legal the entire way.

That's how I look at it.

I too, only want it for Georgia...so I can drive all the way to FL without any hassles. I go to FL more than I do PA! Since I married my wife 15 yrs ago, I have spent 4 hrs in PA (driving through), and about 3 weeks in FL. :lol:

Sending my app in this afternoon (after some shut eye....I just got home from work). I was surprised to see they asked for references! It's cool, though...I put down 2 people I trust..the 1st one is a guy I have known since I was 5 yrs old, and the other I have known "only" for 18 yrs....but he is as big of a gun nut as Rich 2.0! :lol:

Ken

USAF Vet
American Legion
Glock 36/Ruger SR9C
Para 1911 GI Expert
Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:40 am
App mailed this afternoon. Hopefully it won't take too long. The wife is already planning a trip this summer while I am on Vacation from work. She is thinking FL again...or maybe a cruise. I want to go back to Vegas...but in any event...I want to be prepared to go through GA if we head south. :D

Ken

USAF Vet
American Legion
Glock 36/Ruger SR9C
Para 1911 GI Expert
Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:31 pm
I mailed in the app a week ago.... Still waiting. I was hoping to have it today for my trip out there this weekend.
Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:57 pm
Got my permit yesterday!
Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:40 pm
Stiltz79:

You must have upset somebody. We've heard people getting a PA license from Centre County in a week :mrgreen: ....

Congratulations anyway. Very handy piece of paper....

Regards,

Stu

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:15 pm
Stiltz79 wrote:
Got my permit yesterday!

Nice! Still waiting on mine :( Been checking the mailbox everyday, and still nothing. It's been about 3 weeks now!

Edited to add: WOW, Denny Nau doesn't mess around! I shot him an email shortly after originally posting this asking if they even received my app (our postal service leaves little to be desired). He replied back already to say that it was processed today and I will be getting it shortly. Apparently they were flooded with apps after posting the deadline for applying by mail.

Ken

USAF Vet
American Legion
Glock 36/Ruger SR9C
Para 1911 GI Expert
Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:48 pm
:mrgreen: Got my PA License today! Now I can plan a trip to FL and not worry about going through GA unarmed! 8) :lol:

Ken

USAF Vet
American Legion
Glock 36/Ruger SR9C
Para 1911 GI Expert
Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:11 pm
IIRC you could go through GA without the PA permit. Just needed to keep it in the ?, glove box ? Interestingly you can transport and carry into your room in PA without a permit.
 Page 4 of 8 [ 119 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next