Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author
Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:21 pm
Okay Tinfoil Hat Club members, anyone besides me concerned about the recent large scale ammo purchases by the Social Security Administration and NOAA? The more I read about this, the more concerned I become.

Interesting perspective on the Joint Special Operations Command I never considered - they are under direct command from the Administration and are not accountable to Congress. Read more here:http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2012-08-20/major-general-why-are-domestic-government-agencies-purchashing-enough-lethal-

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
Post subject: Re: Large-scale ammo purchases
Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:37 pm
Social security and NOAA are starting a new program for firing employees. :surp:

Motorcycle and gun videos from ADVfilmer in Ohio. http://www.youtube.com/user/advfilmer?feature=mhee
Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:50 pm
buildit wrote:
Social security and NOAA are starting a new program for firing employees. :surp:

...or maybe it's for firing beneficiaries.

"One man with courage is a majority." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. ~ Luke 22:36
Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:36 pm
2ndafe wrote:
buildit wrote:

Nah, that's what Obamacare was created for. So the government can decide if the amount you pay in taxes is worth you living or dying.
Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:02 pm
JediSkipdogg wrote:
2ndafe wrote:
buildit wrote:

Nah, that's what Obamacare was created for. So the government can decide if the amount you pay in taxes is worth you living or dying.

Very true. But, what if you aren't dying fast enough... :shock:

"One man with courage is a majority." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. ~ Luke 22:36
Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:22 pm

Motorcycle and gun videos from ADVfilmer in Ohio. http://www.youtube.com/user/advfilmer?feature=mhee
Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:20 pm
glock23 wrote:
Okay Tinfoil Hat Club members, anyone besides me concerned about the recent large scale ammo purchases by the Social Security Administration and NOAA? The more I read about this, the more concerned I become.

Interesting perspective on the Joint Special Operations Command I never considered - they are under direct command from the Administration and are not accountable to Congress. Read more here:http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2012-08-20/major-general-why-are-domestic-government-agencies-purchashing-enough-lethal-

Not really. They each have their respective LE divisions and they gotta issue them ammo. Business as usual.

A "must read" for those who carry a handgun for their defense:

QUANTITATIVE AMMUNITION SELECTION
Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:10 am
I shot 40K rounds of 9x19 last year. No, I don't compete, and yes, that was my first year of shooting, and I've come to realize that about half of that ammo was "wasted" in that I did not truly benefit from good self-directed practice (as with many beginners, I thought that shooting was shooting, and that volume, to a certain degree, equated with progression). There was also quite a bit of "proving" of my defensive firearms/ammo mixed in there, too.

That said, this year, I'm still on-track to go through about half that. Maybe just a bit less, depending on my class/training schedule for the last quarter.

Considering that their "carry ammo" = "range ammo" and the number of threads like these in various firearms communities, where someone broke down the math and figured out just what kind of "ammo per shooter" numbers we're really looking at, no, I don't think that's excessive, at all.

-Allen
Post Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:00 pm
They have never bought this amount of ammo ever before. Not even close. The fact that some of the agencies that are getting the ammo are getting it makes me nervous. I'm even nervous talking about it.

Places tin foil hat back on... Double tin foil this time.
Post Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:08 pm
TSiWRX wrote:
I shot 40K rounds of 9x19 last year.

i love ya man .................... :cry:

We can rebuild him, we can make him stronger, we can make him faster, we can make him politically correct..NOT !!!

"Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office."
Post Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:38 am
^ :lol: I'm sure the ammo makers did, too. :lol:

-Allen
Post Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:18 pm
.gov understands what the coming inflation will do to ammo prices.

An LCP is my CC (constant companion)
Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:07 pm
good time to start rolling your own... ammo that is... :egrin:
Post Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:41 am
Just purchased another 2K rounds of 9x19. I'm likely going to go through at least 1.5K via a set of 1-day and 2-day training classes that will be coming up in October/November.

Also got another 10 30-round PMags, too - that'll bring my 30-round PMag total up to 23, along with one lonely green-follower USGI. Even if we see a high-capacity magazine ban for a few years, I think I'll still be OK to use them through a few years' worth of training classes. Don't worry, I've got a few Lancer L5AWMs set aside already as social mags. And it's time to stock-up on .223/5.56 for those planned classes, too. :)

I honestly don't think there's anything wrong with the amount of ammo the government is purchasing.

-Allen
Post Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:56 am
Government agencies arming the enforcement personal with military equpiment like 1.2 billion rounds of ammo, tactical weapons, combat gear and now 2,717 mine resistant ambush protected vehicles ordered in January and showing up across the nation should aleart the citizens. Is this the civil army that Obama said he needed to curb upcoming civil unrest? :?: I ask my congressman and was assured the arms build-up is normal. :ewink:

When Japan and Germany had an arms build-up we had WW II. History has it lessons, we only need to read and learn.
 Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next