Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
Author
Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:25 pm
I was working on US 68 earlier this week between Springfield and Yellow Springs. 3 black helicopters flew over, most likely from WPAFB headed in the general direction of Rickenbacker. They were low enough for me to notice the one in the center of the formation had hardpoints attached on the starboard side with missiles. On the port side of the same copter it looked like a mini-gun was mounted. They were attack type helo's. I don't know what kind though, I haven't paid much attention to military aircraft since my discharge in 1981.

Wonder why they were around? Just asking. :?:

I eat meat, smoke cigars, drink bourbon, and shoot guns. Not necessarily in that order. JR Terriers are big dogs in little bodies.
Post subject: Re: Black helicopter flyover
Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:57 pm
Probably going to ANG base next to Beckley,just off Rt 68,Pretty common around there to see em.That's the 251st & 269th Combat Communications squadron,rated the best in the Nation.Used to be the 178th Tact Fighter Group,F16s,before that A7s. C-17s treetop thru there all the time from Wright-Patt.Now that's a sight.Think Drones,they fly em.
Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:38 am
Couple of days after that there were another 5 that flew over Sidney heading East North East. They looked similar to the Cobra attack choppers but I cant be for sure. They werent all that high, I would venture to say less then 2000 feet
Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:18 pm
I had 3 AH-64 Apaches fly over on Monday heading towards Dayton/WPAFB. Very LOW and moving on. A truly awesome sight and sound show. They are not the norm around here.
 Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]