Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
Author
Post subject: Is your printer spying on you?
Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:04 pm
Pretty neat.
http://wimp.com/printerspying/
Post subject:
Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:00 pm
I work on printers and scanners... The technology is there... They also have hard drives and memory where information is stored too.....
Post subject:
Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:23 pm
This is nothing new. Several years ago some local college kids were printing fairly high quality counterfeit bills. According to the newspaper report at the time, the printer they were using was leaving a micro printed serial no# on every copy. The Feds found the number, traced it back through the manufacture and figured out where the machine was. They set up an undercover operation and caught the kids red handed- printing money on a school owned copy machine :roll:
Post subject:
Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:31 pm
Now, with the "info" that's printed into the money. The copy machnes can detect currency. If you try to copy currency, the copier will lock up. And you cannot reset it, your technician cannt reset it. Has to be done by the factory...
Post subject:
Post Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:38 am
This is interesting!

I got a new printer a year ago and I've noticed that even when not printing in color, the yellow cartridge go down rather quickly. I've had to change the yellow cartridge about twice as often as the others. I always wondered if something was wrong with my printer but now . . .

I think I will send HP's customer support an email asking why the yellow is used more often and see if they tell the truth!

What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
 Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]