Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
Author
Post Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:57 pm
Heard Glenn Beck advertising this on his show this week so I checked it out:

http://www.foodinsurance.com/

Pretty cool idea. Two weeks worth of food, etc. already in a backpack, ready to grab and go.

Seems a lot easier than trying to piece it all together yourself. Course you'd have to add guns and ammo and stir, but it's a good start. Or just send lawyers, guns and money.
Post subject: Re: Food Insurance
Post Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:53 pm
Great for a bug out kit.

"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."

-Samuel Adams
Post Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:59 pm
farmermike wrote:
Pretty cool idea. Two weeks worth of food, etc. already in a backpack, ready to grab and go.

Remember that you'll need a source of clean water to go with this; most of the foods contained in the kit are freeze-dried.

Costco sells the Food for Health line of emergency kits; they have one for $139 that contains a LOT more (90 meals + water purification) than the Food Insurance kit. You could buy a nice surplus pack for the difference and come out way ahead. :)

--
James Beatty
Post Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:59 pm
jabeatty wrote:
farmermike wrote:

Remember that you'll need a source of clean water to go with this; most of the foods contained in the kit are freeze-dried.

Costco sells the Food for Health line of emergency kits; they have one for $139 that contains a LOT more (90 meals + water purification) than the Food Insurance kit. You could buy a nice surplus pack for the difference and come out way ahead. :)

Lotsa stuff at a reasonable price. Do you have to be a Costco member to buy from their web site? Couldn't figure that out.

One important thing it's missing is a way to heat the food and fuel, which the Food Insurance kit has. Maybe a combination of the two would be the best bet.
Post Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:45 pm
farmermike wrote:
Lotsa stuff at a reasonable price. Do you have to be a Costco member to buy from their web site? Couldn't figure that out.

One important thing it's missing is a way to heat the food and fuel, which the Food Insurance kit has. Maybe a combination of the two would be the best bet.

Mike I can send you a website that sells matches. And the Plain Dealer or Beacon Journal make DANDY fire starters! :lol:

I can do ALL THINGS through Him who gives me strength. Phillipians 4:13

Cogito, Ergo Armatum Sum
Post Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:00 pm
The good thing about Costco is you can return it in 10 years for fresh stock if they don't change the return policy. After watching the video with the water filter I would suggest to others not to dip the purifier in the water to be treated, use something to pour the water into the filter, all he did was cross contaminate the water he squeezed in the cup by the contaminated water running down the bottle to the nipple and into the cup. Depending on the type and severity of the raw water source it may have no effect at all or it could kill you.

Member of USCCA, BCSC, BSSA, NRA, OFCC
"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." Emiliano Zapata
 Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]