Page 2 of 4 [ 51 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author
Post subject: Re: Bug Out Bag (BOB) and Bug Out Vehicle Info (BOV)
Post Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:51 pm
Sorry. Sporstmsn Guide it is. I get a couple different mags from them, and e-mails on specials all the time. Everthing from clothimg to ammo. I have delt with them for quit a few years and always had good service and quick turn around times.
Jr

Jr.....Out

WWJMBD
USN Veteran
COTEP CBOB0406
The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved
Post Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:53 pm
jrohio wrote:
Sorry. Sporstmsn Guide it is. I get a couple different mags from them, and e-mails on specials all the time. Everthing from clothimg to ammo. I have delt with them for quit a few years and always had good service and quick turn around times.
Jr

Yep, me, too. I've bought tons of stuff from them over the years. I think I might buy a couple cases of MREs to have on hand.
Post Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:06 pm
Check this out: http://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/store_detail.html?s=XTDOGTAG2

Description
XTDOGTAG2: Dog Tag Survival Knife | The 4 in 1
The Original Dog Tag Knife

Compact Blade for Survival or Self Defense

The Dog Tag Survival Knife is a multi-functional tool perfect for the outdoor enthusiast. You can attach the Dog Tag Survival Knife to a handle by lashing the blade through the two holes. A simple shoelace and a stick transforms into a useful tool without carrying cumbersome equipment. Slide the blade out of the protective case & reverse so the notch lines up with the notch in the case. The friction caused by rubbing the steel blade with the ferrocerium rod creates sparks to start a fire.

The reflective stainless steel surface of the Dog Tag Survival Knife can be used to signal rescue personnel. The sight hole in the center of the blade gives you control in directing the reflected light to alert rescuers to your position should an emergency arise. The incredibly strong Heat-Treated 440C Stainless Steel Blade can handle the rigors of the outdoors. Easy to wear on a 27" chain, it's a favorite of hikers and climbers. The inconspicuous dog tag design also makes the Dog Tag Survival Knife a great self-defense tool. Finally, an easy-to-read button compass keeps you on course.

4-in-1 kit includes rescue mirror, knife, fire starter, and compass! Item is engravable.

Features
•Razor sharp hollow ground edge
•Heat-treated 440C stainless steel tag
•Reflective finish with sighting hole for signaling
•Lash down points for attaching a handle
•Notch for fire-striking ferrocerium rod
•Protective sheath slides over blade
•Engravable
•27" Chain
•Made in USA

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/selfdefenseandsurvivalforum/ Check out my forum on survival and preparedness.
Post Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:06 pm
Where are you guys planning on "Bugging Out" to? I live way out in the country side, I have food supplies put away, I farm my land, I hunt for my meat, I have working knowledge of firearms, reloading, defensive and offensive tactics. If want to see what a good method for survival would be, you may want to watch Survivors on BBC America. It is less dramatic than some of the SciFi movies and proposed methods for survival.

I don't need the utility companies, life would not be as nice, but we could survive.

Jerry

A Closed Mouth Gathers No Foot

NRA Benefactor Life Member
Gun Owners of America
Crossbow Nation
American Legion
Post Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:37 pm
miestro_jerry wrote:
Where are you guys planning on "Bugging Out" to? I live way out in the country side, I have food supplies put away, I farm my land, I hunt for my meat, I have working knowledge of firearms, reloading, defensive and offensive tactics.

Heck, I'm bugging out to your place. :wink:
Post Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:00 am
Do you have an extra little spot in the corner of the barn for an old broken down sailor?
I'm an excellent cook, an when the lights are out I ain't so bad lookin' :lol:

Jr.....Out

WWJMBD
USN Veteran
COTEP CBOB0406
The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved
Post Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:59 pm
Any new comers will have to help work the land, but we can clear out part of the barn. You can't shoot the ground hogs in the barn.

Plus you have to get past Katie and her 16 Gauge, then get past Rufus, my Black Lab or maybe vice versus.

People who help me build my new greenhouse get to sleep in there, next winter it will be warmer than the barn. :D

Jerry

Gun Owners of America
Crossbow Nation
American Legion
Post Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:09 pm
miestro_jerry wrote:
You can't shoot the ground hogs in the barn.

Gosh, we aren't even shacking up yet and you sound like a naggy wife! :mrgreen:
Post Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:20 pm
I just don't want any more holes in the barn. I am rebuilding an over hang off the barn this summer, then we are building a greenhouse as an addition on the barn.

Anyway a really great survivalist can take a ground hog out with a rock or his/her bare hands.

The question becomes what are you going to do for the common good if you end up at my place?

Jerry

Gun Owners of America
Crossbow Nation
American Legion
Post Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:11 pm
I am looking for some one who has a Ham Rig with some power, plus a hand crank genny to go with it.

If some one has the skills to build a ethanol or methanol still that would be very helpful. That will help with fuel production.

My farm has workabe land as well as a decent well and many thing stashed away. In my backyard I have a 100 yard rifle range. Plus I have a good working knowledge of medicine and other related medical needs. I am looking at converting my generator in to a propane and other fuels burner. I load a lot of different types of ammo, I am an acomplished knife maker, welder and machinist, as well as pretty good farmer.

Jerry

Gun Owners of America
Crossbow Nation
American Legion
Post Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:04 am
Reading all that just makes me want a bigger place in the country farther out than I am now... :(

I have 3 acres, a garden, some bee hives, soon to have rabbits, 4X4 diesel tractor, fuel storage, shooting range, etc...

Just need a little (oh #$%! a lot) more land in a better location :wink:

Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10
Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:27 pm
Aaron,

You don't need a bigger place, if I use my land effeciently, just the household garden would produce more than enough for 4 to 6 to have food for a year. That is with 1/8 of an acre. And you will get your daily servings of veggie.

I found a Chinese hand crank radio genny like the ones the U.S. used in WW II, $79.00 plus shipping.

As to moving further out in the country, well land is really cheap these days.

Jerry

Gun Owners of America
Crossbow Nation
American Legion
Post Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:31 am
miestro_jerry wrote:
I don't need the utility companies, life would not be as nice, but we could survive.

Jerry

In 08 when the vestiges of Hurricane Ike took out my power for 9 days, my wife and I learned that we (and some of our neighbors) could live just fine without utilities!

As to what skills I can add when all of BFA descends on your place; I am an Aircraft Mechanic, so I guess I have mechanical skills, a BS in Education so I can be the schoolmaster, and an ex-cop. Wife was a horse farm manager and a veterinary tech student so she can care for the critters. Do we still hafta sleep in the greenhouse?

I can do ALL THINGS through Him who gives me strength. Phillipians 4:13

Cogito, Ergo Armatum Sum
Post Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:38 pm
so many good ideas in the BOB lists.

I would like to add a couple that have not made it to the lists (well, if they did, I missed em)

some sort of communications. (FORGET CELL PHONES!)
Ham radio - in a real disaster, a license will not matter much, but the hardware will.
I carry a telephone linemans "Butt-In" AKA Butt Set, a telephone with alligator clips, can be used as a wired intercom - just add a battery and wire between the two stations.
Fire starters, pine/spruce saw dust, mixed with candle wax, poured into bathroom sized, paper "dixie cups".
Post Posted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:30 am
K8YS wrote:
some sort of communications. (FORGET CELL PHONES!)
Ham radio - in a real disaster, a license will not matter much, but the hardware will.

The grid goes down, repeaters are out, but simplex still works. I also have a couple of FRS radios to supplement the ham gear.
Quote:
I carry a telephone linemans "Butt-In" AKA Butt Set, a telephone with alligator clips, can be used as a wired intercom - just add a battery and wire between the two stations.

Never even thought of that one! Butt set is going in the BOB today!
Quote:
Fire starters, pine/spruce saw dust, mixed with candle wax, poured into bathroom sized, paper "dixie cups".

I like that a lot too! Great ideas here.

I can do ALL THINGS through Him who gives me strength. Phillipians 4:13

Cogito, Ergo Armatum Sum
 Page 2 of 4 [ 51 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next