Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
Author
Post Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:13 am
An old memory just bubbled up to the surface of my mind.
That seems to happen more and more these days.
Warning!! Those that have met me know from the first few minutes that I love puns and double entendres.
Note: this story is absolutely true!!

Anyway, way back when my last wife were first married we lived in a three bedroom half of a duplex.
We used one bedroom, my daughter from my first marriage, had one, and the third was used a library/office/computer room. (The computer was an Apple ][.)

My job at the time was as a field service representative with a territory that covered five states plus Ontario, Canada so I was usually on the road most every weekday.

So in the office area I had a couple of trays for incoming mail, one labeled "Magazines & Junk" and one labeled "William's Wig". I had an agreement with my bride and daughter for them to sort my mail such that the "William's Wig" tray only got mail that came from creditors. This system worked out quite well for several months.

Finally, my new wife couldn't take it anymore and asked, "OK, WTH does "William's Wig" mean? And, why do you want the financial mail in that tray?"

I very calmly answered, "I thought it was obvious, William's Wig means Bill's Toupée."

AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Post subject: Re: A random memory
Post Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:18 pm
:roll: :roll: :roll:

:shock:

:D

"One man with courage is a majority." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. ~ Luke 22:36
 Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]