Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
Author
Post Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:58 am
Back when I was a boot sailor stationed in San Francisco I saw a free publication being circulated in the bay area advertising the local GED adult education program aimed at school dropouts. The publication was in the form of a "graphic novel" or if you're of my era, a "comic book". Even at the age of eight-teen, and not that wise in the ways of audience "targeting" I figured this was a pretty slick way to get the message out.

This all leads up to this mornings quotidian (OMG! the FireFox spell checker DID NOT trigger on that!) (SQUIRREL!) reading of my list of favorites on gocomics.com.

This caused me to look it up: Definition of quotidian

But now I'm wondering if Arlo was using it IAW the first definition or the second.

It's too early in the morning for me to be learning something new.
I usually use this time to relearn what I forgot yesterday.

AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Post subject: Re: Taught by comics
Post Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:16 am
While I'm on the topic of graphic novels, guns, personal protection, libertarianism, scifi, and Heinlein's "Beyond this Horizen". If any of you are interested or amused by the above check this out: The Probability Broach.

You might want to read this first: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Probability_Broach

I liked this "graphic novel" so much that I downloaded the html and every .jpg (200 files) to get it to run on my local machine.

Note: The really free North American society is explained in the last pages. Their constitution is identical to ours with the exception of one word. However, I can't find where that word would be in our constitution.

AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
 Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]