Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
Author
Post subject: UN arms trade treaty or civil war
Post Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:52 pm
Is there a slight chance this will get voted in? If it does, what does this mean for our legally purchased firearms. As a newly minted American from Canada, I have hopes of acquiring a steady collection where it would be harder back home. I have been talking to a few friends who continue to say that there's no way it'll get voted in as the Republicans have so much control now but King Obamy seems to have his pen poised for getting ready to pass as much as he can without a congressional go ahead. The scary thing is having foreign (UN) troops come in to aid in the confiscation. I know this all sounds very conspiratorial but I am having a hard time wrapping my head around it.

And given the fact that there are so many (deluded) anti-gun groups out there praising this idea, I get chills just thinking the worst. I have studied diplomacy in college and I feel if enough states were to take a stand and remind the federal government that there are more than half the population who have access to guns, there might be a bit of fear in the ranks. In the meantime, I shall get my safes ready and rub my hands in anticipation of my spending spree.
Post subject: Re: UN arms trade treaty or civil war
Post Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:32 am
...as I understand it, ratification of any treaty requires 2/3 of the u.s. senate to approve it... they didn't have near enough votes under dingy harry's senate, ..and there will be even less support under the new senate under mcconnell... i'm not sure how much this treaty would infringe on our rights, ...basically, my thoughts in conventional wisdom would indicate that a treaty can't trump the constitution (a constitutional amendment is the only way to change that)... i'd imagine the treaty, in the unlikely event it were ratified, would lead to bans on importation of "certain" firearms, and would be certain to waste taxpayer money on ideological "studies" on why leftists think guns are bad and we shouldn't be "allowed" to have them... ;)

NRA Endowment
GOA Life
SAF Life
Buckeye Firearms Assoc
Ohioans for Concealed Carry
Oregon Firearms Federation
Maryland Shall Issue
Colorado Second Amendment Assoc
Post Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:34 pm
Agree I think it would probably affect international arms trade..
Internal US I can't see UN troops coming to confiscate weapons.. even those who are neutral or anti-gun would not want foreign troops on US soil enforcing any kinda law or treat.

It would be incredibly unpopular and If the president didn't have something to say about it Im sure at least some of the governors would.

• If you can't hit the broad side of a barn, You're not using enough bullets.
  • Zombies are the Trash-men of Humanity.
  • Certified Ammosexual, lolzImage
Post Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:21 pm
UN declared it will get this out there December 24th, shit hitting fan time if the senate doesn't stand up
 Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]