Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
Author
Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:46 pm
Governor Rick Snyder has signed the concealed carry reform bills into law!
That was fast!! Two months in!

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150304/michigan-governor-snyder-signs-cpl-reform-bills

Quote:
Today, Governor Rick Snyder (R) signed into law Senate Bill 34 and Senate Bill 35, both sponsored by state Senator Mike Green (R-31). These bills seek to create a more efficient, expedient and uniform concealed pistol licensing process for all statutorily eligible Michiganders.

:wink:

px

What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
Post subject: Re: Good news for Michigan!!
Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:21 pm
Are these not the self-same bills he refused to sign late last year?

Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor
Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:37 pm
Yes! The very ones!
This time they had a veto proof vote so he "decided" to sign them.
If he hadn't signed them they would have overrode his veto.

They were determined to get this done quickly!

px

What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:34 am
Somebody "high up" with OFCC or BFA ought to point this out to the oh-so-slow legislators in the Ohio statehouse as an example of how some actual work can be done in a short span of time.

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:48 am
Quote:
Today, Governor Rick Snyder (R) signed into law Senate Bill 34 and Senate Bill 35, both sponsored by state Senator Mike Green (R-31). These bills seek to create a more efficient, expedient and uniform concealed pistol licensing process for all statutorily eligible Michiganders.

CONSTITUTION OF MICHIGAN OF 1963

ARTICLE I
Bearing of arms.
Sec. 6. Every person has a right to keep and bear arms for the defense of himself and the state.

CONSTITUTION OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN OF 1908

ARTICLE II
Right to bear arms.
Sec. 5. Every person has a right to bear arms for the defense of himself and the state.

CONSTITUTION OF MICHIGAN OF 1850

ARTICLE 18
Right to bear arms.
Sec. 7. Every person has a right to bear arms for the defense of himself and the state.

CONSTITUTION OF MICHIGAN OF 1835

ARTICLE I
Right to bear arms.
Sec. 13. Every person has a right to bear arms for the defense of himself and the state.

So where did the Michigan legislature get the authority to regulate the constitutional right of bearing of arms?
Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:28 pm
I'll have to read the fine print, but does this abolish the un-constitutional handgun purchase permitting system?

Since my folks live in MI & I travel (and shoot!!!)there frequently throughout the year to visit them --- I need to get smart about this legislation and any implications it has for Ohioans traveling there with reciprocity.

US NAVY VETERAN
Navy Qualified Tactical Action Officer
Navy Qualified Sharpshooter (Pistol, Rifle)
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

"Vigilia aeterna est pretium libertatis"
Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm
Brian D. wrote:
Somebody "high up" with OFCC or BFA ought to point this out to the oh-so-slow legislators in the Ohio statehouse as an example of how some actual work can be done in a short span of time.

I see that several anti-gun bills have been introduced rather quickly!! The democrats seem to be in a hurry!!

But don't worry! December of 2016 will be here soon! We should get a little something then! I don't think we should push the poor Republicans. They have a lot on there plate and only 2 years to get it accomplished! :roll:

px

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]