Federal Bills Before Congress to Grant Reciprocity

Discuss National Politics, Debate Political theory, Post Articles and more.

Moderators: Scotty, PX4_Storm

Uncle Duke

Federal Bills Before Congress to Grant Reciprocity

Post by Uncle Duke » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:42 am

Call and write your U.S. Senator and Representative to support Senate Bill 498 and House Bill 986. Both of these bills require that all states that issue CHL/CCW licenses/permits to recognize and grant reciprocity. These bills are before the 2015-2016 Congress.

I think that the momentum behind both bills may give their passage in Congress and eventual enactment into law a better chance given the change in leadership in both houses of Congress. It may stall when/if it reaches the President’s desk and require attachment of some very important riders though. Given the current sponsors I think that there is enough gravitas behind the bills that they will make it to the President's desk. Nevertheless, it is very important that every CHL/CCW permittee/licensee contacts their legislator.

Here are the official links to the bills:

U.S. House of Representatives (pdf format): https://www.congress.gov/114/bills/hr98 ... r986ih.pdf

U.S. Senate (pdf format): https://www.congress.gov/114/bills/s498 ... s498is.pdf

Uncle Duke
NRA Life Member, 2nd Amendment Foundation Member,GOAL Member
Range Safety Officer, NRA Pistol,Home Firearm Safety, PPIH/PPOH Instructor. UT, MD, DC, MA Basic Firearm & LEOSA Instructor, NRA LE Pistol/Shotgun, Patrol Rifle, and Select-Fire Instructor

color of law

Re: Federal Bills Before Congress to Grant Reciprocity

Post by color of law » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:45 pm

I wouldn't vote for them. How about a provision that if the persons right was violated then the Feds, state, city of whoever, including the cop will pay damages. $100,000.00 for the feds or state etc. and the cop $50,000.00.

How about we repeal 18 U.S. Code Chapter 44 - FIREARMS.