Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
Author
Post subject: Federal Bills Before Congress to Grant Reciprocity
Post Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:42 am
Call and write your U.S. Senator and Representative to support Senate Bill 498 and House Bill 986. Both of these bills require that all states that issue CHL/CCW licenses/permits to recognize and grant reciprocity. These bills are before the 2015-2016 Congress.

I think that the momentum behind both bills may give their passage in Congress and eventual enactment into law a better chance given the change in leadership in both houses of Congress. It may stall when/if it reaches the President’s desk and require attachment of some very important riders though. Given the current sponsors I think that there is enough gravitas behind the bills that they will make it to the President's desk. Nevertheless, it is very important that every CHL/CCW permittee/licensee contacts their legislator.

Here are the official links to the bills:

U.S. House of Representatives (pdf format): https://www.congress.gov/114/bills/hr98 ... r986ih.pdf

U.S. Senate (pdf format): https://www.congress.gov/114/bills/s498 ... s498is.pdf

Uncle Duke

NRA Life Member
2nd Amendment Foundation Member
GOAL Member
Range Safety Officer
NRA Pistol,Home Firearm Safety,Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home Instructor, Certified UT, MD, MA Handgun & LEOSA Instructor
Post subject: Re: Federal Bills Before Congress to Grant Reciprocity
Post Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:45 pm
I wouldn't vote for them. How about a provision that if the persons right was violated then the Feds, state, city of whoever, including the cop will pay damages. $100,000.00 for the feds or state etc. and the cop $50,000.00.

How about we repeal 18 U.S. Code Chapter 44 - FIREARMS.
 Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]