Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
Author
Post subject: Voting rights and gun rights
Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:14 am
A local professor has some thoughts on gun rights and voting rights. As a liberal who believes in actual liberty, fun thoughts. What do you think?

http://theunmutual.blogspot.com/2016/04 ... ights.html
Post subject: Re: Voting rights and gun rights
Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:57 pm
LiberalGunSupporter:

Welcome aboard!

There's a sticky at viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10097 that you should have a look at, but it's not mandatory. Might be sleep-inducing, too. Just some idea of who's here and how things work. No need to go past the first couple pages.

About the Professor's views, I'm not sure that everybody can see the 2A that way, but we have a member or six who'd be happy to stop by and adjust his attitude. One or two of them can do that politely :) .

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:19 pm
So, six people, two polite ones, walk into some guys office to "adjust his attitude" on guns? I know your joking, but that is the kind of thing that makes us look like "gun nuts," and makes constitutional principals hard to defend to my liberal friends. Threats, even joking ones, don't convince people to change their minds.
Post Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:10 am
LGS:

Definitely joking.... If you haven't read that sticky I referred to the other day, please do so now. Just the first couple pages if you have a low tolerance for craziness. (I should have locked that thread :D.)

Our purpose is deadly serious, but we often wander off into levity in the discussion. We just don't worry about it as long as it doesn't get out of hand.

Just IMHO, those who might see "gun nuts" often have an agenda. Not much we can do about that in most cases....

Please understand that this isn't an attack on you. Sure looks like you're "with us".... I have the power to ban somebody, but the last time I did that because he just cranked me off, I got yelled at :D.... So, I don't do that anymore....

We also have a policy that comments directed at moderators have to be really offensive to result in punishment. Attacks on "members" don't get that kind of protection.

In any event, please stick around and join the fray. If you see something you don't agree with, tell somebody (or me). Meantime, don't be afraid to comment, answer, or ask questions.

Regards,

Stu

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:19 pm
The line continues to shift on losing gun rights. Used to be that even violent felons got their firearms rights restored upon completion of sentence, and release. Then, it became felons NOT getting that and other rights restored. Now, it's felons, and those convicted of certain "domestic violence" crimes.

To complicate matters, the whole system of parole has grown in size over those same years. Used to be a five year sentence was just that, no plea bargains or early releases.

I think the whole legal system was much better before so much of this tinkering got started up.

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:12 am
Brian:

IMHO, this just may be related to the "let's make 'it' a Felony" view that's the usual result of some crime or other that was formerly a misdemeanor plus a "we have to do something" views....

Regards,

Stu

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
 Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]