Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author
Post subject: Re: How many of you know that you can not carry while huntin
Post Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:57 pm
That is the problem that needs fixed. There are people trying to fix that problem and they are being called names and being shrugged off.

I always ask why would the founders want us Second Amendment supporters / Law Abiding Citizens to ask the very Government they were trying to protect us from for ANY PERMISSION to carry in anyway, buy, sell, own any firearm? Never get a straight answer or, answer at all.

And no, the Second Amendment has not changed, Authoritarian Politicians, Lawyers and Judges have changed it. Not the absolute of the Amendment. This is why we are fighting every day to get our God given rights back! It is ridiculous!

We do not have to just except it we can change it but we have to work together as gun owners to do it and stop the divisiveness!

I carry a firearm because a cop is too heavy and takes too many breaks.

Montani Semper Liberi - (Mountaineers Are Always Free)
Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:55 am
WVRiflemannOH wrote:
That is the problem that needs fixed. There are people trying to fix that problem and they are being called names and being shrugged off.

I always ask why would the founders want us Second Amendment supporters / Law Abiding Citizens to ask the very Government they were trying to protect us from for ANY PERMISSION to carry in anyway, buy, sell, own any firearm? Never get a straight answer or, answer at all.

And no, the Second Amendment has not changed, Authoritarian Politicians, Lawyers and Judges have changed it. Not the absolute of the Amendment. This is why we are fighting every day to get our God given rights back! It is ridiculous!

We do not have to just except it we can change it but we have to work together as gun owners to do it and stop the divisiveness!

If you look at the ebb and flow of the right to keep and bear arms within my lifetime (1964 to present) gun owners are generally WAY better off today than the day I was born. How many people today go legally armed that were unable to do so a decade ago, two decades ago, etc ??

Once a right is abridged it is terribly difficult to return it.

American held hostage by ZERO the lying dictator.......for an indefinite period of time going forward..........

Ohio, a government of the unions, by the unions, for the unions
Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:20 am
willbird wrote:
WVRiflemannOH wrote:

If you look at the ebb and flow of the right to keep and bear arms within my lifetime (1964 to present) gun owners are generally WAY better off today than the day I was born. How many people today go legally armed that were unable to do so a decade ago, two decades ago, etc ??

It may be difficult but not impossible. Our rights were not meant to be extorted by the state to exercise them and this is what the states are still doing in CC Carry. NO way is CC carry more dangerous than open carry and this was the argument to the SCOTUS to say 2nd Amendment is not total freedom to own, carry in anyway or any other things with firearms. and they agreed saying it is rightfully regulated. Wrong. NOW, the evidence is the complete opposite, not the mention the harassment from LEO'S from people being "scared" in even seeing someone legally open carrying anywhere.Even in the woods of all places in Ohio Yet, we must fight to get that right back?

But as long we are seeing the NRA fighting GOA, BFA fighting NAGR and OGO instead of being on a united front, not sure how we will ever change anything else. And I think many who are getting paid for the training and permits and claiming they really support the 2nd Amendment IF you "pay for it", we may never see a change in Ohio and that is the real tragedy, and, pretty disgusting in my mind.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:33 am
WVRiflemannOH wrote:

In the instance you site it's a game law not a 2nd amendment issue, the State decrees a one tool limit for deer hunting.

When I "handgun hunt" I'm open carrying with no repercussions, yet I for one think it's silly that you can't use a CC gun to finish off an animal at least if shot with another firearm. If only that it could be more humane and efficient.

An LCP is my CC (constant companion)
Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:13 pm
petergunn wrote:
WVRiflemannOH wrote:

In the instance you site it's a game law not a 2nd amendment issue, the State decrees a one tool limit for deer hunting.

When I "handgun hunt" I'm open carrying with no repercussions, yet I for one think it's silly that you can't use a CC gun to finish off an animal at least if shot with another firearm. If only that it could be more humane and efficient.

Not According the OHDNR in Columbus, they say this is legislation. not OHDNR regulations. Now, you figure it because both sides are throwing each other under the bus to ignore the issue and I get different answers from everyone involved. What you are describing is an actual lawful hunt with a handgun, their is a difference. We are talking CC and open carry for self defense only while hunting without a permission slip..

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:17 pm
It just seems to me that in order to enforce the one gun rule(while deer hunting) limiting OC is necessary, but the can't infringe on one's CC rights with license.

An LCP is my CC (constant companion)
Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:29 pm
WVRiflemannOH wrote:
willbird wrote:
WVRiflemannOH wrote:

It may be difficult but not impossible. Our rights were not meant to be extorted by the state to exercise them and this is what the states are still doing in CC Carry. NO way is CC carry more dangerous than open carry and this was the argument to the SCOTUS to say 2nd Amendment is not total freedom to own, carry in anyway or any other things with firearms. and they agreed saying it is rightfully regulated. Wrong. NOW, the evidence is the complete opposite, not the mention the harassment from LEO'S from people being "scared" in even seeing someone legally open carrying anywhere.Even in the woods of all places in Ohio Yet, we must fight to get that right back?

But as long we are seeing the NRA fighting GOA, BFA fighting NAGR and OGO instead of being on a united front, not sure how we will ever change anything else. And I think many who are getting paid for the training and permits and claiming they really support the 2nd Amendment IF you "pay for it", we may never see a change in Ohio and that is the real tragedy, and, pretty disgusting in my mind.

I am an NRA certified Instructor and I support Vermont style CCW of both handguns and long guns, as well as the full repeal of the 1934 act and the GCA of 1968, and all subsequent anti gun acts and regulations.

American held hostage by ZERO the lying dictator.......for an indefinite period of time going forward..........

Ohio, a government of the unions, by the unions, for the unions
Post Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:29 pm
Hunting without the landowner's permission is a crime in Ohio, method of carry doesn't matter
I fold my permission slips up and keep them in my wallet with my other government required paperwork, like licenses and insurance cards, so I have them all the time.
I know some people keep them in their hunting coat to keep their wallet from getting fat

"It is only when you do not have hope in a society that you join a suicide bomber team."
- George W. Bush
 Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2