Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 
Author
Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:53 pm
What in the world is this all about? A law that will allow cities to pass ordinances allowing concealed (?) carry in courtrooms? Seems to be in direct conflict with statewide preemption of such local laws. What courts would allow carry, anyway? We can't get any city halls, county offices, or heaven forbid our Statehouse to admit "our kind" while armed!

Is this something else being done just for LE, or what?

Now, let's see if and when BFA Top Brass will weigh in here. I won't hold my breath waiting.

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Last edited by Brian D. on Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post subject: Re: Ohio HB 373?
Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:56 am
Brian:

It also permits cities to pass ordinances to further limit our access to some places, and raise the status of the violation from MM to whatever they want.

I.e. to Gerrymander Concealed Carry in OH.

Not something I want....

P.S.: We're "BRA" now? Didn't hear about that.... :D

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:26 am
I haven't looked at the BFA site this morning yet, but so far they've made no mention of HB 373. Too busy accepting their "Grassroots group of the year award" from CCRKBA or whatever the acronym is.

Hey gang, the General Assembly seems to want to slice and dice Ohio Revised Code 9.68 into little tiny pieces. I've contacted the couple of Reps I know to state my displeasure, well their damn college kid office aides anyway.

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:43 pm
Crickets about HB 373 from the main BFA site, still.

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:30 pm
Fellow forumite color of law called me up today, to chat about this bill, among other things. One aspect I didn't mention to him, or here, that baffles me, relates to how various municipalities, townships, and counties set up their buildings in many different ways.

County A has their courts in the same building as their jail. So, will the "presiding authority" (senior judge?) allow carry in the court portion, or will the onsite detention facility negate that possibility?

Fifty miles away, County J has the courts (but not the jail) in the county office building. Who is even the "presiding authority" of that? Senior judge, county Administrator, somebody else?

Towns, townships, and counties have many different configurations from one to the next.

As written, this bill needs a bunch of help in my opinion.

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:22 pm
I just spent a few hours trying to decipher this bill. Lets just hope this thing slides through unchanged.

Two things it does, (1) conceal license holders can carry in courthouse (not a courtroom) unless a rule of superintendence or another type of rule adopted by the supreme court pursuant to Article IV, Ohio Constitution, or an applicable local rule of court prohibits all persons from conveying or attempting to convey a deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance into a courthouse; (2) conceal carry is permitted in local government buildings unless an ordinance or policy is passed not allowing conceal carry.

That seems to be what this bill is allowing.

One problem is, are the signs required to be posted under 2923.1212(A) considered policy?

If anybody spots something I missed please post.
Post Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm
I'll know we're maybe getting somewhere when it becomes legal for all of us--or at least all CHL holders--to carry in the Ohio Statehouse. I can and have done that in both the Kentucky and Indiana State Capitols. Just had to inform, show the license, and sign in. Neither of those states have ever vetted me.

I think some of these current gun related bills are political kabuki theater.

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:01 pm
I guess Linda (Walker) from BFA doesn't come to these forums much. Sent her a PM about HB 373 on Saturday October 21st. It's still sitting in my outbox, meaning she hasn't opened it.

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:23 pm
In the name of trying all possible methods to reach out to BFA, I posted my questions about HB 373 on their Facebook page as well. However, it looks like many questions there go unanswered.

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:38 pm
Obviously they have their own agenda, and don't need any input from the members!
Post Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:46 pm
Still waiting for Linda Walker to stop by here and check her PMs. Tick, tock.

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:29 pm
Cruiser wrote:
Obviously they have their own agenda, and don't need any input from the members!

Correct, they could care less about your opinion, in other words, send in your money and shut-up.
Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:23 pm
color of law wrote:
Cruiser wrote:

Correct, they could care less about your opinion, in other words, send in your money and shut-up.

Maybe you and Brian forgot to send in your money, CoL ?......LOL :lol:

In regards to HB 373, I get the "here's a few scraps, you peasants" feeling from it.

But that's just me. :roll:

3FULLMAGS+1
They say the best "Home Remedy" for Tyranny is... LEAD POISONING!
 Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]