Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author
Post subject: Re: Expunged Dv charge firearm
Post Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:45 pm
Thank you all for your input. As I understand it my conviction was reduced to a misdemeanor and then dismissed. My lawyer states that the federal gun ban only applies to misdemeanor conditions and that it had to be a misdemeanor conviction from the beginning not later reduced. I have read the act and it specifically states "misdemeanor dv" it makes no mention of felony dv charges. I am assuming because a felony comes with other gun bans. Either way It was reduced and dismissed. It's been 13 years. So the 10 year wait is up. I have also read that the federal ban might be overturned in January any input on this? Thanks
Post Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:44 pm
cribabi wrote:
Hello I just wanted to ask this question I have been searching for weeks for an answer. I had a felony dv charge in ca 13 years ago. I have since had it reduced and dismissed thru the expung process. Before I retained an attorney I asked if this process would restore my firearm rights. The answer was yes. Because the federal ban only applies to misde conviction not felony. And once it was reduced I was no.longer a felon. Has anybodyanybody felt with this that can offer some advice?
Thanks
Post Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:57 pm
cribabi wrote:
Hello I just wanted to ask this question I have been searching for weeks for an answer. I had a felony dv charge in ca 13 years ago. I have since had it reduced and dismissed thru the expung process. Before I retained an attorney I asked if this process would restore my firearm rights. The answer was yes. Because the federal ban only applies to misde conviction not felony. And once it was reduced I was no.longer a felon. Has anybodyanybody felt with this that can offer some advice?
Thanks
Post Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:09 am
jwadep1976:

Welcome Aboard!

There's a sticky at viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10097 that you might want to have a look at. Not mandatory, and possibly sleep-inducing, but you may learn a bit about who's here, and how the board works. Or at least help the economy in coffee-bean growing countries....

That said, you seem to have mastered the "quote" function, but posted twice without any other text. Wanna try again? :)

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
 Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2