Page 1 of 6 [ 78 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author
Message
Post subject: Chipotle
Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:11 am
One of my favorite restaurants...no more.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/05/ ... p=HPBucket

Lots of other places to get a burrito these days. Even if they redact their policy/statement, I will not go back. These companies need to learn their lesson once and for all.

Image
Top
Offline
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:01 pm
Posts: 353
Location: Powell
Post subject: Re: Chipotle
Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:22 am
CW78 wrote:
These companies need to learn their lesson once and for all.



They really don't think these "policies" through do they? I think the management's total lack of understanding how much blowback a decision like this can have when the grass-roots 2A community gets involved ... they certainly don't have good PR guys on payroll. Why even publicise it at all? It would be smarter (from a tactical standpoint) to quietly put up gun busters signage with no public announcement "asking" us not to be armed in thier establishments. What a joke --- better to have no "policy" at all ...

They are a rip-off anyways ...no big loss.

US NAVY VETERAN
Navy Qualified Tactical Action Officer
Navy Qualified Sharpshooter (Pistol, Rifle)
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

"Vigilia aeterna est pretium libertatis"
Top
Offline
Moderator
User avatar
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:48 pm
Posts: 3401
Location: WPAFB
Post subject: Re: Chipotle
Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:35 am
Another reason to patronize your small, local, family owned restuarants(businesses).

I and another fellow member here,(Dinstar) meet for breakfast at a local rest. now and then( this thurs. as a matter of fact), in Bolivar.
They like us being in there , and we openly carry there too.
Me and the family go there often also( my birthday was monday and we're going there tonight after work). :D
The one waitress made the comment that she felt better that we were armed, though Bolivar isn't a bad neiborhood.

3FULLMAGS+1
They say the best "Home Remedy" for Tyranny is... LEAD POISONING!
Top
Offline
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:09 pm
Posts: 394
Location: far sw corner of stark co.
Post subject: Re: Chipotle
Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:59 am
3FULLMAGS+1 wrote:
Another reason to patronize your small, local, family owned restuarants(businesses).

I and another fellow member here,(Dinstar) meet for breakfast at a local rest. now and then( this thurs. as a matter of fact), in Bolivar.
They like us being in there , and we openly carry there too.
Me and the family go there often also( my birthday was monday and we're going there tonight after work). :D
The one waitress made the comment that she felt better that we were armed, though Bolivar isn't a bad neiborhood.

You don't think their reaction would have been different had they not known you and instead of openly carrying sidearms you got out of your cars and slung AR-15s over your shoulders before walking in? Openly carrying long guns, especially modern sporting rifles (remember, the media has conditioned most everyone to think of them as assault rifles) is different in the eye of Joe and Jane Public.

Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor
Top
Offline
User avatar
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:36 am
Posts: 680
Location: Akron/Canton
Post subject: Re: Chipotle
Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 10:04 am
Quote:
You don't think their reaction would have been different had they not known you and instead of openly carrying sidearms you got out of your cars and slung AR-15s over your shoulders before walking in?


I agree. The reaction would be much different. Maybe 15-20 patrons might be a bit more educated in the process, which would be a win IMO. I am not so sure this is the end result we are after in the name of activisim. Is it? Mommies are smiling today in delight at the outcome.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
Dalai Lama
Top
Offline
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:29 am
Posts: 42
Post subject: Re: Chipotle
Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 12:28 pm
JustaShooter wrote:
3FULLMAGS+1 wrote:
Another reason to patronize your small, local, family owned restuarants(businesses).

I and another fellow member here,(Dinstar) meet for breakfast at a local rest. now and then( this thurs. as a matter of fact), in Bolivar.
They like us being in there , and we openly carry there too.
Me and the family go there often also( my birthday was monday and we're going there tonight after work). :D
The one waitress made the comment that she felt better that we were armed, though Bolivar isn't a bad neiborhood.

You don't think their reaction would have been different had they not known you and instead of openly carrying sidearms you got out of your cars and slung AR-15s over your shoulders before walking in? Openly carrying long guns, especially modern sporting rifles (remember, the media has conditioned most everyone to think of them as assault rifles) is different in the eye of Joe and Jane Public.


Dave.....I don't know if those rest. would,ve liked me or anyone else carrying a long gun into their establishment before they knew me as a regular.

BUT, they didn't mind me carrying a HANDGUN in on my hip!

As for carrying long guns into a place of business as a normal everyday practice, well(and I can hear the flaming posts coming in now), I, personally don't. And at the cost of repetition, yes, we all know carrying a LG in public is a right in ohio, AND I understand the under age 21 issue too BUT, in "my" opinion, because this practice is so completely out of the norm, it's usually going to be viewed by the sheeple to be to much to swallow. I've got know issue with LG(long gun) carry in educational walks/demonstrations and the like, but, we're trying to normalize the carrying of "handguns"(normally) in public, for the purpose of protecting ourselves against those who would do us harm, generally speaking, RIGHT!

Now, I'm NOT against carrying LG's in public, but if it's going to cause us some backlash and lots of it, well.....?
Think we need to be careful when picking our battles, is the way I would put it.

If we're going to make LG carry the norm then we ALL need to leave our handguns at home and carry LG's EVERYWHERE WE GO, EVERYDAY, ALL DAY LONG, just like we carry our handguns now. but I don't think THAT'S going to happen anytime soon.

3FULLMAGS+1
They say the best "Home Remedy" for Tyranny is... LEAD POISONING!
Top
Offline
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:09 pm
Posts: 394
Location: far sw corner of stark co.
Post subject: Re: Chipotle
Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 1:08 pm
Guys:

Racer265 started a similar thread elsewhere, which I've locked. He also included a link to at "Time" article: http://time.com/105079/big-money-powers-big-business-in-gop-primaries/.

Shows who's responsible for getting Chipotle to ban armed LAC's, and might be worth a read. The article seems to be some kind of blog, so the story may have scrolled down the page a ways by the time you look for it.

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Top
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:01 pm
Posts: 6704
Location: Youngstown OH
Post subject: Re: Chipotle
Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 1:16 pm
After thinking on this for a while I've concluded that the problem I have with long gun open carry isn't the carry part, it's the handling. Whether you CC or OC your handgun what you aren't doing is handling it in public. Every time I see a pic of one of these long gun OC events the guns are being held (maybe of necessity, but not the point).

If I'm sitting in a restaurant and I notice somebody carrying a gun in a non-concealed holster my awareness level barely bumps if at all. Probably more curiosity to see if I can tell exactly what s/he's carrying.

Same scenario but instead the person is holding the gun, now my awareness level goes way up and I'm thinking about my wife's safety and quickly & discreetly exiting the building before s* goes down. If yours doesn't then I suggest you re-consider your situational awareness triggers.

So that's my issue with long gun OC ... it's not the long gun so much as the fact that many of the folks who do it are handling the gun in public. It's an issue of safety from accidental mishandling plus my own awareness trigger is (I believe reasonably) set to react to someone handling a gun in public.
Top
Offline
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 12:13 pm
Posts: 115
Post subject: Re: Chipotle
Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 1:19 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
After thinking on this for a while I've concluded that the problem I have with long gun open carry isn't the carry part, it's the handling. Whether you CC or OC your handgun what you aren't doing is handling it in public. Every time I see a pic of one of these long gun OC events the guns are being held (maybe of necessity, but not the point).

If I'm sitting in a restaurant and I notice somebody carrying a gun in a non-concealed holster my awareness level barely bumps if at all. Probably more curiosity to see if I can tell exactly what s/he's carrying.

Same scenario but instead the person is holding the gun, now my awareness level goes way up and I'm thinking about my wife's safety and quickly & discreetly exiting the building before s* goes down. If yours doesn't then I suggest you re-consider your situational awareness triggers.

So that's my issue with long gun OC ... it's not the long gun so much as the fact that many of the folks who do it are handling the gun in public. It's an issue of safety from accidental mishandling plus my own awareness trigger is (I believe reasonably) set to react to someone handling a gun in public.



Excellent point ... well said. Situational awareness is almost everything in survival.

US NAVY VETERAN
Navy Qualified Tactical Action Officer
Navy Qualified Sharpshooter (Pistol, Rifle)
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

"Vigilia aeterna est pretium libertatis"
Top
Offline
Moderator
User avatar
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:48 pm
Posts: 3401
Location: WPAFB
Post subject: Re: Chipotle
Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 1:29 pm
Well I've never ate there to start with so no great loss for me but I hope those that do vote with your wallets.


This is kinda a sticky situation.
On 1 hand we can see this as anti gun, You have a right to carry but if you do someone might get made and take it away (in this case a restaurant).
On the other hand as someone pointed out it almost seems like someone went out of their way to do this.. but then again I suppose we assume 2 things.. 1: they traveled by car and not foot and there for had no place to store the long guns, and 2: they did not have a handgun and so the long gun was their means of protection.

I can see how long guns would worry some people more then a handgun although lets face it, it's just a matter of degree since some get really spooked over any gun not accompanied with a badge and the rifle is just larger and more noticeable.

It's interesting that they did not make a distinction between long guns and hand guns.
So are they just washing their hands of all guns? or was they just towing the line of "following state law" until a big enough commotion was raised to think the bottom line would suffer? and if so does that mean we could have reached this point with just handgun's (but given their lower profile simply hadn't happen yet?..

If that's the case then it was just a matter of time, not a matter of gun type.. Although Im sure OC'ers will get tar and feathered under the "don't ask don't tell" policy.

  • If you can't hit the broad side of a barn, You're not using enough bullets.
  • Zombies are the Trash-men of Humanity.
  • Certified Ammosexual, lolzImage
Top
Offline
User avatar
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:53 pm
Posts: 3308
Location: Columbus
Post subject: Re: Chipotle
Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 1:32 pm
3FULLMAGS+1 wrote:
JustaShooter wrote:
3FULLMAGS+1 wrote:
Another reason to patronize your small, local, family owned restuarants(businesses).

I and another fellow member here,(Dinstar) meet for breakfast at a local rest. now and then( this thurs. as a matter of fact), in Bolivar.
They like us being in there , and we openly carry there too.
Me and the family go there often also( my birthday was monday and we're going there tonight after work). :D
The one waitress made the comment that she felt better that we were armed, though Bolivar isn't a bad neiborhood.

You don't think their reaction would have been different had they not known you and instead of openly carrying sidearms you got out of your cars and slung AR-15s over your shoulders before walking in? Openly carrying long guns, especially modern sporting rifles (remember, the media has conditioned most everyone to think of them as assault rifles) is different in the eye of Joe and Jane Public.


Dave.....I don't know if those rest. would,ve liked me or anyone else carrying a long gun into their establishment before they knew me as a regular.

BUT, they didn't mind me carrying a HANDGUN in on my hip!


Indeed. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with open carry of handguns and do so regularly myself. I have nothing against open carry of long guns in public either, done properly.

What I have a problem with are incidents like Starbucks and Chipotle where folks openly carry long guns, especially modern sporting rifles, into businesses that are not known to be receptive to such activity. Long Gun Open Carry is viewed differently by Joe and Jane Public, and the Mommies have a receptive audience when they see LGOC into private businesses. The Mommies aren't going away any time soon, if ever, and every time this happens, they win. Yes, I know that signs aren't going up, but they are winning with every business, especially national chains, that put out statements saying not to carry guns into their businesses (not just openly carried log guns, but *all guns*).

Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor
Top
Offline
User avatar
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:36 am
Posts: 680
Location: Akron/Canton
Post subject: Re: Chipotle
Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 1:58 pm
I agree with your point about the long guns and situational awareness.

I would have been alright if they said no more long guns in stores. I'm all for 2A advocacy, but most of these guys I see doing the sit ins or what have you with long guns just look silly. Advocacy is all about public relations and getting people to see it your way. When you go waving something people are scared of around and posing for "Red Dawn" style pictures in restaurants full of sheeple, your not helping the cause, your actually hurting it. Your just scaring them and making them think all gun owners are nuckleheads who just want to carry around AR's to the grocery store.

Doomberg is out there spending his millions on PR people to stomp us out, we need to stop making bafoons of ourselves with these types of demonstrations. This is at least the third time a company was pressured by Doomberg's group (Starbucks, Jack-In-The-Box, now Chipotle) after open carry advocates went into their establishments with long guns and pictures of such went viral. Social Media is the only media on our side, because we largely control the content.

That said, I hope Chipotle's sales are down at least 33% after this and they retract the knee-jerk policy. I'm telling everyone I know that is a 2A supporter, such is why I posted it here when I saw no one else had done so. I also respectfully told them I was not going to be paronizing their establishments any longer on Facebook, then "unliked" them. I quickly perused through the other comments people left, I counted about a 9:1 ratio of people not agreeing with their decision, and some of those agreeing were from places like Canada and Europe who don't even have a dog in the fight.

In the mean time, lets learn from this. Lets not pose for Rambo pictures in restaurants to "thank them" for allowing 2A advocacy when they simply tollerate us to keep from losing our business.

Image
Top
Offline
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:01 pm
Posts: 353
Location: Powell
Post subject: Re: Chipotle
Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 3:03 pm
A photo of the handling the weapons at Chipolte.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/20/chipotle-dont-carry-guns-in-our-stores

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
Dalai Lama
Top
Offline
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:29 am
Posts: 42
Post subject: Re: Chipotle
Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 4:11 pm
*cringe*
Unfortunately we can't control every idiot.

EDIT: Reading the comments someone suggested it was a false flag, Basically they had it staged to stir up controversy.
There does'nt seem to be any evidence of that, But none the less we know they're not really above that sort of tactic.

  • If you can't hit the broad side of a barn, You're not using enough bullets.
  • Zombies are the Trash-men of Humanity.
  • Certified Ammosexual, lolzImage
Top
Offline
User avatar
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:53 pm
Posts: 3308
Location: Columbus
Post subject: Re: Chipotle
Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:04 pm
Joe Sixpack wrote:
*cringe*
Unfortunately we can't control every idiot.

EDIT: Reading the comments someone suggested it was a false flag, Basically they had it staged to stir up controversy.
There does'nt seem to be any evidence of that, But none the less we know they're not really above that sort of tactic.


It gets worse....
http://aattp.org/meet-the-dangerous-amm ... -blessing/

"All the public shootings in the United States in which more than three people have been killed have occurred in places where concealed handguns have been banned. "Washington Times article
Top
Offline
User avatar
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:05 pm
Posts: 988
Location: Land of Scarlet and Gray
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 1 of 6 [ 78 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Search for:
Jump to: