Page 4 of 6 [ 78 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author
Post Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:21 am
Pathfinder85:

I'd agree with Justashooter......not many people in your area (New Philly) would really think much of it. I live just north of ya somewhat (Beach City area), and I.m down your way fairly often and I open carry just about everywhere, like Buehlers grocery stores for example, ( more specifically, the one north of Dover) and I frequent their restaurant for lunch now and then and have even had conversations w/ the manager there and their ok with OC, (handguns that is)........long guns would not be welcome (viewed as to radical)

As for not seeing any or many OC'ers., granted there aren't many of us, but we're out there.......you just don't notice us!

As for the long gun carry issue, as others have stated, LG carry is more practical in demonstrations/protests or open carry educational walks in and on PUBLIC property, NOT in private business' or their property.

As for not seeing it in your area.......send me a PM......we'll have lunch at Buehlers in Dover sometime, and I'll fix that for ya! :wink:

3FULLMAGS+1
They say the best "Home Remedy" for Tyranny is... LEAD POISONING!
Post subject: Re: Chipotle
Post Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:28 pm
3FULLMAGS+1 wrote:
As for not seeing it in your area.......send me a PM......we'll have lunch at Buehlers in Dover sometime, and I'll fix that for ya! :wink:

If you are so inclined, I'd welcome the opportunity to join you.

Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor
Post Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:48 pm
Oh I have no doubt that ppl do it, I just havent seen it much. And i find it interesting that u mentioned Buehlers. I am a former employee of their New phila store and was told by my manager that they prohibited CCW??? Let alone OC? Perhaps i was lied to or theyve formed a policy on it in the meantime but there was a sign on their doors last I knew? And regardless of proper trigger discipline...I was always taught not to aim at anything I didnt plan to shoot. And if he isnt engaged in shooting....why even have it there or be handling it?
Post Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:57 pm
And I say about ppl calling the cops because for some reason down around here....everyone calls them for ANYthing. Almost literally haha, so it just seems like more trouble than itd be worth esp since i can conceal carry.
Post Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:01 pm
pathfinder85 wrote:
And regardless of proper trigger discipline...I was always taught not to aim at anything I didnt plan to shoot. And if he isnt engaged in shooting....why even have it there or be handling it?

I agree completely. Very poor choices were made, all for the sake of a photo opportunity. And the collateral damage of giving the mommies the ammunition the needed is unforgivable.

NRA Life Member
Post Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:07 pm
Definitely more harm than good from my assessment of the whole thing
Post Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:50 pm
Pathfinder:

Yes Buehlers used to be posted back when you couldn't go into places that served alcoholic beverages.

They had wine samplings and serve beer?/wine in their restuarants.......now that the law has changed, they've taken the CPZ signs down :D

But my point remains.....OCing a hand gun just isn't as noticable as a long gun, thus it just doesn't scare the crap out of the sheep nowhere near as much.

Communication is key here....I carry a hand gun for those times when/if I see someone walk into an establishment carrying a gun (handgun or long gun) "IN THEIR HANDS", as that's, more than likely, how the criminal will (assuming) carry it.

As for those who carry (CC or OC) for self defense.......we're carrying our guns, secured in a holster (OR SHOULD BE) and never EVER take them out of that holster in public (unless it's needed to stop a threat).

Just my $.02

Justashooter.......I'll "shoot" ya a PM later about lunch (or breakfast?) some time soon also......maybe Dinstar will show up too......he and I have breakfast now and then.........and Pathfinder, your still welcome, I'm sure all of us would welcome the combined conversation. :).......and if your more comfortable concealing, then thats how you should carry......none of us should ever look down on others who carry their handgun differently than they do.....PERIOD......I don't.

3FULLMAGS+1
They say the best "Home Remedy" for Tyranny is... LEAD POISONING!
Post Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:46 pm
3FULLMAGS+1 wrote:
Justashooter.......I'll "shoot" ya a PM later about lunch (or breakfast?) some time soon also......maybe Dinstar will show up too......he and I have breakfast now and then.........and Pathfinder, your still welcome, I'm sure all of us would welcome the combined conversation. :)

Sounds good - he and I have had coffee and a quick bite a couple of times in the evening recently.

3FULLMAGS+1 wrote:
if your more comfortable concealing, then thats how you should carry......none of us should ever look down on others who carry their handgun differently than they do.....PERIOD......I don't.

Well said on all counts.

NRA Life Member
Post Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:14 pm
3FULLMAGS+1 wrote:
Pathfinder:

Yes Buehlers used to be posted back when you couldn't go into places that served alcoholic beverages.

Towne Market once had a faded sign. Milltown Market never had one, even before the change in R.C. 2923.121.
Post Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:13 pm
Quote:
But my point remains.....OCing a hand gun just isn't as noticable as a long gun, thus it just doesn't scare the crap out of the sheep nowhere near as much.

I completely agree. And as far as Buehlers it kind of seemed like it was more a store policy than a company wide one when i had inquired. And I havent been employed there for almost two years so im glad they came to their senses and reversed their standing officially. I also agree about the reasons you carry a handgun whether it be open or not! If i had walked into that restaurant and saw that guy standing there handling a long gun inside of a private business...even with his finger resting on the trigger guard...im more than likely going to assume a criminal act over assuming a demonstrative one.
Post Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:22 pm
And its not necessarily that I wouldnt be comfortable open carrying, i just usually conceal to avoid aforementioned potential headache haha.
Post Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:25 pm
Oh and yeah thatd be cool.for sure! I always like talking to active fellow gun owners!
Post Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:46 pm
I OC (handgun only) at my local Chipotle in Willoughby regularly without issue. No signs on the door, my local restaurant seems to follow state / local law and nothing more or less.

I'm surprised by these national reports to the contrary enough that I dismiss them as propaganda. My behavior will not be modified by these incredible reports that Chipotle is either for or against lawful open or concealed carry.

Obey law. Eat burritos. Winning strategy.
Post Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:25 pm
foxfire:

Welcome Aboard!

There's a sticky at http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10097 that you should have a look at, but it's not mandatory, and may be hazardous to your health :D....

I'm not into OC, but like the idea that I can if the need arises, or just "print" without panic. In TX until just recently, you could get seriously zinged for even accidental exposure, although I'm told that the local LEO's there were a little careful.

I certainly can't quite get a handle on OC'ing an AR or something like that, unless you're walking into a range, but there have been a few times, if I had one, that it would have been tempting.

But, to each his own.

We have the right to carry, open or concealed. The 2nd Amendment guarantees it.

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:13 am
foxfire wrote:
I OC (handgun only) at my local Chipotle in Willoughby regularly without issue. No signs on the door, my local restaurant seems to follow state / local law and nothing more or less.

I'm surprised by these national reports to the contrary enough that I dismiss them as propaganda. My behavior will not be modified by these incredible reports that Chipotle is either for or against lawful open or concealed carry.

Obey law. Eat burritos. Winning strategy.

Some people are not good "ambassadors" for gun ownership, carry in general, and the public profile is obviously higher if we're talking open carry.

It's a free country but a little neatness in appearance just isn't that much to ask from so-called grown ups.

I know of one Waffle House that put a 'No guns' sign on their front door all because of one loutish dodo who happens to open carry, and is obnoxious about it. That kind of thing doesn't happen much but through the years that sort of behavior from our side has been a nagging pain.

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
 Page 4 of 6 [ 78 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next