Page 6 of 6 [ 78 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Author
Post Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:20 pm
Liberty wrote:
Werz wrote:
Perhaps it would help to complain less and be more proactive. Amendments to Fairlawn's ordinance to comply with R.C. 9.68 were passed as an emergency measure on July 13, 2015: See Ordinance 2015-050. And that was in response to discussions of a possible open carry event.

You were not aware of that?

I was not aware of that. Do you know how to communicate without condescension? Were you aware that the signs are still in the Fairlawn parks?

I have seen signs at county fairs disappear within hours, but they're temporary, anyway. Municipal signage takes longer. The simple fact is that compelling removal of signs involves extraordinary writs and equitable relief that is much too time-consuming and expensive to justify. That's where open carry events are most valuable. The municipality leaves the signs in the park, and we walk through the park, openly armed and in the presence of police, thereby demonstrating that the emperor has no clothes. That's what we did at Lock 3 Park, and you were invited to participate.
Post subject: Re: Chipotle
Post Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:52 pm
Werz wrote:
Liberty wrote:
Werz wrote:
Perhaps it would help to complain less and be more proactive. Amendments to Fairlawn's ordinance to comply with R.C. 9.68 were passed as an emergency measure on July 13, 2015: See Ordinance 2015-050. And that was in response to discussions of a possible open carry event.

You were not aware of that?

I was not aware of that. Do you know how to communicate without condescension? Were you aware that the signs are still in the Fairlawn parks?

I have seen signs at county fairs disappear within hours, but they're temporary, anyway. Municipal signage takes longer. The simple fact is that compelling removal of signs involves extraordinary writs and equitable relief that is much too time-consuming and expensive to justify. That's where open carry events are most valuable. The municipality leaves the signs in the park, and we walk through the park, openly armed and in the presence of police, thereby demonstrating that the emperor has no clothes. That's what we did at Lock 3 Park, and you were invited to participate.

Speaking of Akron's Lock 3 park.

Akron claims they have a liquor permit for the park, permit No. 15094050035.

Per Liquor Control, Permit Number 15094050035 only covers:

Land Parcel #: 6727497
Address: 200 S. MAIN ST.
Owner: CITY OF AKRON

and the basement of:
Parcel #: 6859419
Address: 51 W. STATE ST.
Owner: CITY OF AKRON

200 S. Main St. is a small grassy parcel of land, approximately 60 ft. of road frontage and about 100 ft. deep, which includes Lock 3 Landings and Lock 4.

51 W. State St. is a building.

The pavilion and the majority of the park are different Parcels of land, their addresses, most of which, are on Water St. Yes, owned by the City of Akron, but no liquor permit.

Because 200 S. Main St. is nondescript, you would not even know that you were standing on a permitted area.

And yes I have an official copy of the permit.
Post subject: Re: Chipotle
Post Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:58 pm
I just remembered that I checked Fairlawn's online municipal code right before I wrote my post to make sure it had not been changed. So I just checked again, and it still has the old law listed, i.e.: "No person, other than law enforcement officers, shall possess, carry, control, discharge, use, convey or attempt to convey firearms of any description, including but not limited to, deadly weapons, dangerous ordnance or replica weapons in the park." I don't know if they are trying to have it both ways or they just have not gotten around to letting the public know that they have recently decided to obey state law.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms**disarm only those who [don't] commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides." - Thomas Jefferson.
 Page 6 of 6 [ 78 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6