Page 3 of 5 [ 67 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author
Post Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:14 pm
JustaShooter wrote:
CW78 wrote:
30 round "machine gun" language gone.

Gone with HB 234 recently passed - just waiting for the Governor to sign and 90 days to pass for it to take effect.

HOT DAMN!!!!

I guess thats what I get for not stopping by for about a month.

Post subject: Re: Wish list
Post Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:40 pm
1) Stand your ground
2) Notification
3) School parking lot weapon storage
Post Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:42 pm
I would like to see full blown campus carry, with no ability for public Universities to punish licensees who are employed or are students of said public college or university.
removing churches from the felony list.
Removing notification.
Post Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:02 pm
jirvine wrote:
It's the time of year when kids of all ages make out a list of thing they wish they'd get for Christmas.

What would gun owners like to see legislatively next year/session?

Jim

Well I shouldn't be so greedy, especially since HB 234 we signed into law by the governor yesterday, however I can still dream can't I? I would like to see repeal of the Hughes amendment to the firearm owners protection act, which would allow for civilian ownership of full auto firearms manufactured after May 19, 1986.

NRA Life Member
2nd Amendment Foundation Member
GOAL Member
Range Safety Officer
NRA Pistol,Home Firearm Safety,Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home Instructor, Certified UT, MD, MA Handgun & LEOSA Instructor
Post Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:28 am
Uncle Duke:

+1....

The "after" part of the law never made any sense, except as a way to artificially increase the price of the older ones.

I don't think I hit you with our "Welcome Aboard" message.... Grab a coffee and....

Welcome Aboard!

There's a sticky at http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10097 that you should have a look at, but it's not mandatory. It may be sleep inducing, though. Thus far, nobody's given up on firearms and gone to archery, though, over it. But, who knows.... :D

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:17 am
I am Count Chocula

Every morning except Sunday, Bloomdouche and Frankenberrystein have to square dance on a ridge at 50 meters while the gun owner of the day gets 30 seconds to take pot shots at them with Simmunitions on the TV morning shows.

That is my wish for gun laws :)

The Count

Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Post Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:05 pm
List in order of importance.

1. Constitution Carry, Keep CHL for reciprocity
I know this is super unlikely so....

2. Car OC for non CHL
There are some who refuse to go thru the CHL process on principle.
This would also allow those who don't want to carry but do want a glove box gun for travel.
I think this will increase the avg persons interest in gun rights which I believe helps us in the long run.

3. Eliminate Notification
Has it ever been shown to have helped?

4. Unification of Knife laws / BFA to include knives and other implements under their their umbrella, 2A is not just firearms.

5. Removal of Magazine capacity (Machine gun classification)
It's not a machine gun just because it has a magazine over 30rounds, It's ignorant.

6. Removal of some gun free zones.
I goto the library several times a month, It's a pain to leave it in the car and I worry of it being stolen

jirvine wrote:
Curiosity - If you were not in any db, and you were not required to notify, would you?

Why/Why not?

When I first started carrying, I remember coming across the notification debate.
I had then said I WOULD inform at traffic stops even if I did not have to.

Over the years my opinion has changed.

I would only inform if required by law unless asked directly by the officer, OR I am about to be searched (I'd rather them not find it on their own and over react)

We've seen notification being abused. Im not saying it happens all the time.. but I see no logical reason for it to be mandated.. anyone with ill intent is not going to rat them selves out, and the way the law is currently worded gives spools worth of rope to hang the CHL holder not to mention the incredibly high and disproportionate punishment for a conviction on failure to inform.

• If you can't hit the broad side of a barn, You're not using enough bullets.
  • Zombies are the Trash-men of Humanity.
  • Certified Ammosexual, lolzImage
Post Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:17 pm
Joe Sixpack wrote:
5. Removal of Magazine capacity (Machine gun classification)
It's not a machine gun just because it has a magazine over 30rounds, It's ignorant.

Done. Well, that is, that language was removed from the ORC as a part of Am. Sub. HB 234 that was passed and signed by the Governor on Friday. We just have to wait for the Secretary of State to publish it and then wait the statutory 90 days for it to take effect.

Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor
Post Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:31 pm
ah well that's good.. I hadn't read over the final bill.

• If you can't hit the broad side of a barn, You're not using enough bullets.
  • Zombies are the Trash-men of Humanity.
  • Certified Ammosexual, lolzImage
Post Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:30 pm
When signed it has already been filed with the Secretary of state.

See: State ex rel. General v. Brunner, 114 Ohio St. 3d 386 - Ohio: Supreme Court 2007
Quote:
{¶ 8} The Governor's Office Bill Record is a paper journal that is the property of the governor, but is located in the secretary of state's office as a matter of convenience because of its size and weight. According to R.C. 107.10(A), the record is a "register of every bill passed by the general assembly that has been presented to the governor, in which is entered the number of the bill, the date the bill was presented to the governor, and the action taken on it by the governor and the date of the action." Most of the information contained in the register is filled in by the governor's staff, and that information is not altered by the secretary of state's staff. For administrative purposes, the secretary of state also maintains electronic records concerning legislation filed in the office, and the secretary makes these records readily available to the public.

March 20, 2015 is the date.
Last edited by color of law on Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:35 am
Joe Sixpack wrote:
List in order of importance.

1. Constitution Carry, Keep CHL for reciprocity
I know this is super unlikely so....

2. Car OC for non CHL
There are some who refuse to go thru the CHL process on principle.
This would also allow those who don't want to carry but do want a glove box gun for travel.
I think this will increase the avg persons interest in gun rights which I believe helps us in the long run.

3. Eliminate Notification
Has it ever been shown to have helped?

I agree with you on the elimination of notification. When I was first licensed if I was stopped for a traffic stop (usually for no reason other than the fact that the police officer ran my plate while he was engaged in "proactive" policing and following me). As it turned out my plate would come up as an active warrant until he actually stopped me and ran my driver license and confirmed that I am a CHL holder.

I've been undecided on the OC in cars by non-CHL holders, however since police officers are to assume that every driver they stop is carrying, I have been leaning towards accepting your view, especially since there isn't any additional burden on them (law enforcement) or anyone with a firearm in a car. Just use common sense.

Uncle Duke

NRA Life Member
2nd Amendment Foundation Member
GOAL Member
Range Safety Officer
NRA Pistol,Home Firearm Safety,Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home Instructor, Certified UT, MD, MA Handgun & LEOSA Instructor
Post Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:25 am
The thing about OC in cars is that we have castle doctrine in cars, but no way to exercise it for folks who don't have a CHL, but we have OC outside cars with duty to retreat. These two things make no sense whatsoever.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms**disarm only those who [don't] commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides." - Thomas Jefferson.
Post Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:34 am
Joe Sixpack wrote:
ah well that's good.. I hadn't read over the final bill.

Yeah, I missed that too. I'm really surprised the media didn't hang on that one. I've been hearing all over the news about hunting with suppressors, I can't believe that has them up in arms more than the magazine limit.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:42 am
The other thing about OC in cars is that we currently have gotcha rules about how and where to transport that makes criminals out of law abiding citizens who don't look up and read the laws every time they transport a firearm. It is better than it use to be, but the problem still exists.

I also think that it is a status thing, i.e., those with a CHL viewed as better than those without like a high school clique.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms**disarm only those who [don't] commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides." - Thomas Jefferson.
Post Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:18 am
Liberty wrote:
The thing about OC in cars is that we have castle doctrine in cars, but no way to exercise it for folks who don't have a CHL, but we have OC outside cars with duty to retreat. These two things make no sense whatsoever.

Absolutely.You know that the most dangerous place to be is in a room full of attorneys and politicians.
 Page 3 of 5 [ 67 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next