Author
Post Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:02 pm
So it looks like Ohio is going to follow along into Constitutional Carry, as proposed b y Ohio GOP. I wonder if this will even get through and pass. Any thoughts?
Post subject: Re: Constitutional Carry
Post Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:50 pm
LOL! Did you mean to post this in the "Funny Side" subforum?

In Ohio, we can't even get Stand your Ground let alone Constitutional Carry!

By the time the Republicans think about it, study it, ruminate about it, then study it some more and then promise it and think about it and tell us they support it "but!"

Maybe by 2030 or 2040 . . .

In the lame duck session of course, when they have the time!

px

What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
Post Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:22 am
PX4_Storm wrote:

By the time the Republicans think about it, study it, ruminate about it, then study it some more and then promise it and think about it and tell us they support it "but!"

px

Hell, you will be able to legally buy a 20 pack of joints at the local market before you get constitutional carry.
Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:09 pm
color of law wrote:
PX4_Storm wrote:

px

Hell, you will be able to legally buy a 20 pack of joints at the local market before you get constitutional carry.

Yeah which will be achieved via ballot initiative. What until Bloomberg and his cronies get his agenda put on the ballot here in Ohio just like they did in Washington State. :?

NRA member
BFA member
OFCC member
US Army veteran 2004-08
Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:06 pm
Although there exists the distinct possibility that hell may have frozen over this winter, we're still not getting constitutional carry, at least not in the short run (say within the next 4-5 years).

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves". - Edward R. Murrow
Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:11 pm
Although I think Constitutional Carry is a long shot, I thought some of our other achievements were a long shot also. You never know.

NRA member
BFA member
OFCC member
US Army veteran 2004-08
Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:00 pm
color of law wrote:

Im not sure if you're being sarcastic or making a real prediction but I'd say that's exactly the order things will come.

• If you can't hit the broad side of a barn, You're not using enough bullets.
  • Zombies are the Trash-men of Humanity.
  • Certified Ammosexual, lolzImage
Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:25 pm
Joe Sixpack wrote:
color of law wrote:

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or making a real prediction but I'd say that's exactly the order things will come.

Every sarcastic statement contains a chunk of truth. The truth is you will be smoking that "medical joint" (wink, wink) on the street corner long before constitutional carry comes to Ohioans.

Missouri has just amended their constitution. The amendment handed the citizen constitutional carry on a silver platter. The gun community just can't believe it. The amendment even gives convicted nonviolent felons their gun rights back after serving their time.

So we can hope can't we??????
Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:26 pm
I think hope is about all we have!

I'm also wondering what everyone thinks . . .

While I would love to have both Constitutional Carry and Stand Your Ground, I seem to favor SYG first. It seemed like (and I stress "seemed") we were on the path to getting SYG until Trayvon/Zimmerman debacle in Florida. I'm not sure if the Republicans just used it as an excuse or not but I have a feeling it was just that, an excuse.

Which one do you think is more important? Wouldn't it be better to have the law more favorable to us if we found ourselves in a self-defense situation? I'd love to be able to carry without the hassle of a CHL and fully enjoy my 2nd Amendment Right but SYG would be favorable under both situations.

Just wondering

px

What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
Post Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:34 pm
...looks like our neighbor WV is beating us to it...

NRA Endowment
GOA Life
SAF Life
Buckeye Firearms Assoc
Ohioans for Concealed Carry
Oregon Firearms Federation
Maryland Shall Issue
Colorado Second Amendment Assoc
Post Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:59 pm
PX4_Storm wrote:
Which one do you think is more important? Wouldn't it be better to have the law more favorable to us if we found ourselves in a self-defense situation? I'd love to be able to carry without the hassle of a CHL and fully enjoy my 2nd Amendment Right but SYG would be favorable under both situations.

That's a tough question.
I guess if I was given a choice I'd choose to go after C.C first.

My logic is that it will move us forward more then SYG.
I also think it will draw a whole new wave of people into 2a politics in pro2a favor.
Much the same reason I've had unlicensed car carry at the top of my list for a long time.

So I think C.C would strengthen our position moving forward making SYG easier to get.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:44 pm
I wonder if we're not being too pessimistic. The constitutional carry movement seems to be sweeping the country right now. I seem to recall reading about it being voted on in NH, WV, KS, UT and there might be more that my addled brain can't recall.

It would seem to be gathering a head of steam as the next big 2A idea and the more states it becomes law in the more likely other states will follow suit. Not saying I trust many Ohio GOP elected officials, but these guys do talk to their counterparts in other states at national association meetings, etc., so you never know.

But I do think our GOP is way too much like the TN GOP, too many suburban lawyers and country club types. You'd think the home of Andy Jackson would be leading the way on gun rights issues, but they're even behind us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://mcullison.blogspot.com/
Twitter: @camdenmike

I got a gun for my wife. Good trade.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:03 pm
I honestly don't think we are being pessimistic - when concealed carry laws were sweeping the country, look how long it took for Ohio to get on board?

Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor
Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:00 pm
JustaShooter wrote:
I honestly don't think we are being pessimistic - when concealed carry laws were sweeping the country, look how long it took for Ohio to get on board?

One must also remember we have been the swing state for as long as I can remember in big elections, and I'm only 33 years old. If we swing back and forth on presidents/governors/senators/representatives/etc, we probably do the same thing on firearm rights when you look at the state as a whole. Our OGA knows that hence whey they don't put a strong push towards something that is heavily controversial. If we could get the state to stick in the positive for us fora while, then I could see some major bills passing.
Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:24 pm
JustaShooter wrote:

My prediction (which is just gut) 2/3rd of the states have to go frist.

Page 1 of 6 [ 77 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next