Author
Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:05 am
Chuck wrote:
http://ux.cincinnati.com/story/news/local/2015/04/07/bill-allow-concealed-carry-without-permit/25423781/

Quote:
Ken Hanson, legislative director of the Buckeye Firearms Association, said Ohio isn't ready for concealed carry without permits — a law that a few states have. Buckeye Firearms Association wasn't consulted before the bill was introduced, he added.

"It would be great," Hanson said of concealed carry without permits. "But the problem is we have already circulated our legislative priorities, and this bill has no chance of passage this session."

So, BFA is god?
Post subject: Re: Constitutional Carry
Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:33 am
OMGZ, why would Ken say that?
Because BFA didn't initiate it?

I hope that's a miss quote, If it isn't I can only imagine what's being conveyed privately if that's the public statement.

• If you can't hit the broad side of a barn, You're not using enough bullets.
  • Zombies are the Trash-men of Humanity.
  • Certified Ammosexual, lolzImage
Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:44 am
Joe Sixpack wrote:
OMGZ, why would Ken say that?
Because BFA didn't initiate it?

I hope that's a miss quote, If it isn't I can only imagine what's being conveyed privately if that's the public statement.

Well let's see if Ken or the other powers that be address the matter here or on the main website. Jim Irvine's take on it was certainly not in lockstep with Ken, but I don't know when the quote came from Jim, before or after Ken's statement.

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Last edited by Brian D. on Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:26 am
color of law wrote:
Chuck wrote:
http://ux.cincinnati.com/story/news/local/2015/04/07/bill-allow-concealed-carry-without-permit/25423781/

Quote:
Ken Hanson, legislative director of the Buckeye Firearms Association, said Ohio isn't ready for concealed carry without permits — a law that a few states have. Buckeye Firearms Association wasn't consulted before the bill was introduced, he added.

"It would be great," Hanson said of concealed carry without permits. "But the problem is we have already circulated our legislative priorities, and this bill has no chance of passage this session."

So, BFA is god?

It would be interesting to hear why we "are not ready for concealed carry without permits"? Maybe Ohioans are just not responsible enough for such Freedom & Liberty. We have not matured enough to fully enjoy our 2nd Amendment Right to defend ourselves?

Sounds like BFA has already decided what we can have in the lame duck session of 2016! :roll:

px

What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:32 am
color of law wrote:
At some point the legislators need to stop listening to the courts and take back the constitution. If they don't they know we will. All these exceptions to the forth amendment have to go. No, you don't get to search my car because the cop smelled bull$t. Some anonymous person said they saw someone walking down the street and they look suspicious.

A cop caught just once lying he's done, gone, off the force and looses their pension. All of it.

But, Color of Law, don't we have to give up all of our Freedom for officer safety? Shouldn't we be willing to give up our Liberty in case someone has a joint in their car? After all, how will the government keep us safe and take care of us if they can't search our cars and cell phones without a warrant? :roll:

px

What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:45 am
Joe Sixpack wrote:
OMGZ, why would Ken say that? ...

THAT, Joe, is the question.

I could be wrong, but I think it may have something to do with the highlighted words below:

Quote:
"It would be great," Hanson said of concealed carry without permits. "But the problem is WE have already circulated OUR legislative priorities, and this bill has no chance of passage this session."

It sounds like arrogance.

What does a caring, sensitive
person feel when they are forced
to use a handgun to stop a threat?

Recoil.
Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:40 pm
Quote:

Holy crap! If this really is the position of BFA, I will be scratching my BFA bumper sticker off of my car and asking for a membership refund. Unbelievable.
Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:42 pm
sd790 wrote:
Holy crap! If this really is the position of BFA, I will be scratching my BFA bumper sticker off of my car and asking for a membership refund. Unbelievable.

That'll show 'em good, won't it!
Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:58 pm
Chuck wrote:

Quote:

Well, all I can say is that I'm glad Ohio has another gun "rights" organization that has never let us down! :lol: :lol:
Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:14 pm
BB62 wrote:
Well, all I can say is that I'm glad Ohio has another gun "rights" organization that has never let us down! :lol: :lol:

At least both have gotten more accomplished than your 1st Amendment "rights" organization has. I've yet to see any college change their student code of conduct to remove a prohibition on firearms even though they allow your walks.
Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:04 pm
So Jedi, after Ken's reported statement about constitutional carry, how do you now feel about good ol' BFA and and OFCC coming together, making up with each other and getting all smoochie smoochie, as you were sort of hoping a few months back?

Honestly I'm hoping Hanson was misquoted, but we'll see. In any event I know deep down he doesn't speak for all of BFA. However, jumping in front of the media microphone that way wasn't optimal in my opinion.

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:44 pm
Per plaintiff's OSU lawsuit.
Quote:
[T]he interests sought to be protected in this lawsuit by Plaintiff Ohioans for Concealed Carry (OFCC) are germane to the organization's purpose. In the Plaintiffs' Amended Complaint at para. 2, the purpose was stated as: "* * * OFCC's mission became to refine the concealed carry law and to restore and preserve the rights of all gun owners in Ohio." The fact that some of the claims presented by the Plaintiffs might involve so called "open carry" of firearms is entirely consistent with the organizational purpose of OFCC stated in the Amended Complaint. The fact that the group's name focuses on "concealed carry" is hardly dispositive and a more thorough factual inquiry must take place, precluding the possibility of dismissal at this time.

And pigs can fly.

If Constitutional carry was passed then BFA and OFCC would not have a reason to exist.
Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:41 pm
color of law wrote:
If Constitutional carry was passed then BFA and OFCC would not have a reason to exist.

I think the organizations would continue but they would certainly have to find other things to go after.

As a comparison, Kentucky's equivalent group is called KC3, which stands for Kentucky Coalition to Carry Concealed. They did such a good job helping to craft and pass the first CC license law that little reform has been needed. So they shifted gears and worked more on making sure that ALL of the commonwealth's political subdivisions comply with ALL the gun laws as written, not substituting their own local interpretations. So these days they probably aren't keeping all that busy.

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:59 pm
color of law wrote:
Quote:
[T]he interests sought to be protected in this lawsuit by Plaintiff Ohioans for Concealed Carry (OFCC) are germane to the organization's purpose. In the Plaintiffs' Amended Complaint at para. 2, the purpose was stated as: "* * * OFCC's mission became to refine the concealed carry law and to restore and preserve the rights of all gun owners in Ohio." The fact that some of the claims presented by the Plaintiffs might involve so called "open carry" of firearms is entirely consistent with the organizational purpose of OFCC stated in the Amended Complaint. The fact that the group's name focuses on "concealed carry" is hardly dispositive and a more thorough factual inquiry must take place, precluding the possibility of dismissal at this time.

And pigs can fly.

I'll say this about you: you don't mind being wrong, do you?

http://ohioccw.org/201504085124/could-o ... ansas.html

"It is only when you do not have hope in a society that you join a suicide bomber team."
- George W. Bush
Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:34 am
color of law wrote:
Quote:

And pigs can fly.

So the more than four dozen firearm laws would disappear overnight as well? Reading this bill it doesn't eliminate all of the restrictions on firearms so I think there is still a good fight.

Brian D. wrote:
So Jedi, after Ken's reported statement about constitutional carry, how do you now feel about good ol' BFA and and OFCC coming together, making up with each other and getting all smoochie smoochie, as you were sort of hoping a few months back?

Honestly I'm hoping Hanson was misquoted, but we'll see. In any event I know deep down he doesn't speak for all of BFA. However, jumping in front of the media microphone that way wasn't optimal in my opinion.

After the vast differences of opinions on HB 203, I don't think the two will ever work together. BFA continued saying it was a great bill and that it did not do what Liberty, Werz, and a few others claimed it would do. OFCC looked at the bill as well and agreed with Liberty, Werz, and the others in opposition and took a neutralist-opposition of HB 203.
 Page 4 of 6 [ 77 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next