Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
Author
Post subject: Cleveland Council passes admittedly ineffective gun laws
Post Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:37 am
On April 20 Cleveland City Council passed new "gun control" laws. Among other things, the laws create a gun offender registry, require reporting of firearm transfers to Cleveland Police (don't they have enough problems already?), and mandate reporting to CPD lost or stolen guns. Read it at http://www.cleveland.com/cityhall/index.ssf/2015/04/cleveland_city_council_adopts_1.html#incart_m-rpt-1. The Safety Director, President of Council and another councilman ADMIT that they expect these laws to go NOTHING to solve or stop crime. At least they are honest.
Another site goes into more depth about the specifics: http://www.wtam.com/articles/wtam-local-news-122520/cleveland-city-council-votes-on-new-13519466. New section 627.17 apparently gives immunity to any prohibited person possessing a firearm if he turns it into CPD. New section 627.22 prohibits the possession of straws, i.e., "pea shooters."
Post subject: Re: Cleveland Council passes admittedly ineffective gun laws
Post Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:17 am
gary_boncella wrote:
On April 20 Cleveland City Council passed new "gun control" laws. Among other things, the laws create a gun offender registry, require reporting of firearm transfers to Cleveland Police (don't they have enough problems already?), and mandate reporting to CPD lost or stolen guns...

If someone will pay for my gas to drive up and back, I will be happy to do a private sale of firearms with you and NOT file whatever report their new ordinance 627.13 is going to require.

What does a caring, sensitive
person feel when they are forced
to use a handgun to stop a threat?

Recoil.
Post Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:09 am
MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
gary_boncella wrote:
On April 20 Cleveland City Council passed new "gun control" laws. Among other things, the laws create a gun offender registry, require reporting of firearm transfers to Cleveland Police (don't they have enough problems already?), and mandate reporting to CPD lost or stolen guns...

If someone will pay for my gas to drive up and back, I will be happy to do a private sale of firearms with you and NOT file whatever report their new ordinance 627.13 is going to require.

I suppose somebody will need to give you a free gun to sell, too? :roll:
Post Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:23 pm
Since some of these laws violate Ohio law, Cleveland city council and Mayor Jackson will soon be headed to prison.
Post Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:39 pm
rjtrains wrote:
Since some of these laws violate Ohio law, Cleveland city council and Mayor Jackson will soon be headed to prison.

No they won't. Check out the enforcement clauses of ORC 9.68, basically statewide preemption laws are without any "teeth".

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:14 pm
There is a reason they call it "the mistake on the lake".

NRA member
BFA member
OFCC member
US Army veteran 2004-08
Post Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:15 am
Werz wrote:
MyWifeSaidYes wrote:

I suppose somebody will need to give you a free gun to sell, too? :roll:

Sorry that I'm not earning enough to drive all over Ohio, Werz. I hate being a mooch but I still want to participate.

And no, I can supply the firearm.

Of course, if I had MORE firearms to sell... :mrgreen:

What does a caring, sensitive
person feel when they are forced
to use a handgun to stop a threat?

Recoil.
Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:46 pm
Where is a copy of this lawsuit???????
Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:10 pm
color of law wrote:
Where is a copy of this lawsuit???????

http://ohioccw.org/files/Cleveland-Complaint.pdf
Post Posted: Sat May 30, 2015 7:05 am
MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
gary_boncella wrote:

I know this thread is getting old, but I have a pump shotgun w/ a badly bent barrel, (among other issues),(don't ask), that I'm willing to sacrifice for the cause if your still willing, Dave.

I think you could still run shot through it , but NO slugs, and w/ the barrel being bent the way it is, you will need to aim a little "low" if you know what I mean!

3FULLMAGS+1
They say the best "Home Remedy" for Tyranny is... LEAD POISONING!
 Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]