Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
Author
Post subject: Ohio teachers increasingly pack heat on job
Post Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:28 pm
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/16/cl ... tcmp=hpbt4

Buckeye Firearms Assoc. has worked hard on getting this done and they are succeeding. Good job.
Post subject: Re: Ohio teachers increasingly pack heat on job
Post Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:44 am
I am Count Chocula.

This is the Count, here.

Good for you! :) To make a long story short, this is sorta maybe ambiguously legal/illegal in PA because of seemingly ambiguous law. I am not aware of anyone who has been convicted of carry at a school (absent another crime) but people have been charged with charges dropped and people have been prosecuted and exonerated under "other lawful purpose" clause in our dumb law.

Ohio has really moved forward in 2A issues in recent years and it's always nice to hear about.

Thanks,

Count Chocula

The Count

Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Post Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:30 am
I am an avid listener/viewer of FoxNews. I have it on my TV in the adjoining room to where my computer desk is at least 5 hours a day. I wake up to Fox & Friends First at 0500 every morning.

What bothers me about this article is the term "packing heat". That term invokes a negative mental image that, I feel, does a great dis-service to the educators who wish to protect themselves and their young charges and 99.99% of CHL holders in general.

AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Post Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:13 pm
AlanM wrote:
I am an avid listener/viewer of FoxNews. I have it on my TV in the adjoining room to where my computer desk is at least 5 hours a day. I wake up to Fox & Friends First at 0500 every morning.

What bothers me about this article is the term "packing heat". That term invokes a negative mental image that, I feel, does a great dis-service to the educators who wish to protect themselves and their young charges and 99.99% of CHL holders in general.

And any person involved in education putting forth that connotation would be corrupting the true meaning of "pack heat" or "packing heat." All it means is carrying a gun, period. Nothing more and nothing less.
 Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]